Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go, 11th April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, I know in a previous thread I asked for advice on Mayrhofen, however, after careful consideration, its been decided that the resort isn't suitable for some in our group....

So....

The question is - Where is good for beginners / intermediates, that is going to be snow sure in April?

I've found a week in Risoul, but know nothing about the resort. Is Risoul likely to have snow in April, or do I need to look elsewhere!!?

HELP!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You probably need to go high French - if you're booking now. If you don't have to book till the last minute, check snow (and temp), and you might still get a good deal to somewhere in Portes Soleil i.e Morzine, which does connect up to Avoriaz. If you're not looking for too much nightlife there is a great new place in Les Crosets - mountain lodge - quick transfer from Geneva. Also good for beginners/intermediates La Plagne - but make sure you are above 1800 not in one of the (prettier) lower villages. Val Thorens is pretty snow sure - and of course there is always Tignes - fantastic skiing and reliable snow - some nice easy runs just over in to the Val D'Isere side.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail if your budget will stand it or Copper Mountain if you have loads of dosh. Seriously tho USA and Canada are usually snow sure(thats where we are heading) but Canada seems to be suffering a blue sky winter at the moment Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mustdash, and as usual the list of high french resorts entirely omits LDA which has higher skiing than Tignes and VT and mostly north-ish facing slopes. rolling eyes We always have good snow in the late season, and I've always been able to ski down to the village on the last day (although occasionally it's been a wee bit adventurous).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski wrote:
mustdash, and as usual the list of high french resorts entirely omits LDA which has higher skiing than Tignes and VT and mostly north-ish facing slopes. rolling eyes We always have good snow in the late season, and I've always been able to ski down to the village on the last day (although occasionally it's been a wee bit adventurous).

Many apologies easiski - I didn't list LDA (or ADH for that matter) only because I personally haven't skied there and so wasn't secure in recommending esp for beginners... would be interested to know more on LDA as am flying in to Grenoble myself end of march ...mixed ability group inc older teenagers.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy