Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club of Great Britain snow depths

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How does the Ski Club of Great Britain justify its snow depths??
I was looking at Les Arcs this morning, and it reports 8cm of snow but the depths went from 165 to 180. Go figure.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 11-02-09 15:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ringingmaster, I know. I prefer to look at the webcams, much more accurate Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're worried, why not ask them wink Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ringingmaster wrote:
How does the Ski Club of Great Britain justify its snow depths??
I was looking at Les Arcs this morning, and it reports 8cm of snow but the depths went from 165 to 180. Go figure.

Maybe they don't update every day, and that is sevarl days worth of change?

Or maybe the 8cm was in a differnt part of the resort?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is it a mistake? and it is infact a reference to fresh snowfall?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would guess over the last few days theres been 8-10cm at 1650, but no doubt up at 3000m then there's probably been more, as they were avvyy banging all morning, not that I can get up their as the ag rouge was closed today..

It's probably taken from the official stats published by the resort. here in les arcs they mark off various parts of the offpiste at the relevant heights which the then use to produce the statistical info - for example there's a pit on the skiers left as you go down plagnettes, probably at 2000m, then theres another on the left at you come off the mont blanc lift IIRC.

Besides why bother with ski-club reports, why not just read the reports in this section which are more interesting and explain how the slopes are skiing rather than just plain facts..
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy