Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

club med les menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone stayed in the Club Med in Les Menuires? Appreciate feed back on rooms, food, overall ambience of bars, restaurants. thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a thread somewhere on here about Club Med skiing somewhere. Bit vague, I know.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
buttery wrote:
Has anyone stayed in the Club Med in Les Menuires? Appreciate feed back on rooms, food, overall ambience of bars, restaurants. thanks

Stayed there last year (during Parisian Half Term) Shocked We did not have children at the time!

Rooms - we stayed in a Double Room. It was very small and you could not shut the toilet door when sat on it (you banged your head).

Food - was of reasonable quality with plenty of choice. Could be a bit of a scrum at certain times. Children going in all directions with food spilling offf the plates.

Restaurant - they have a 'quiet' seating area for those more intimate / adult meals (this gets full up early on!). Otherwise you end up on a table that seats 10 /12 and share with others.

Bar - only 1 bar that was the centre for the Kids Entertainment! Got very noisy in the evening after dinner

Staff - very helpful and friendly.

Location - great location with ski in / out - even with the slim amounts of snow that was around at the time.

General - we were the only English people there. Not a problem for us, but did mean I didn't bother with the Ski Lessons (no English speaking instructors).

Hope this helps.

Feel free to ask anymore questions if you want !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
carlt - many thanks - sounds like a bit of a scrum but the exchange rate means you can't beat the all inclusive rate - we are a party of 8 with 3 teenagers in tow - the thought of how much we might run up for lunches takes the shine off things a bit, so liked the idea of being able to ski to the other club meds for that - there for the skiing mainly, which I understand to be really good up by VT?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
buttery wrote:
carlt - many thanks - sounds like a bit of a scrum but the exchange rate means you can't beat the all inclusive rate - we are a party of 8 with 3 teenagers in tow - the thought of how much we might run up for lunches takes the shine off things a bit, so liked the idea of being able to ski to the other club meds for that - there for the skiing mainly, which I understand to be really good up by VT?

No worries. The full inclusive was certainly a good deal. We are going back to Les Menuires this weekend - staying in a hotel we stayed at in 2007. By the time we have added it all up - it would probably have been cheaper to go to CM.

As you are a bigger group - you will be fine. It was just the wife and I last year!

Les Menuires is a great base to explore the 3V from - not as convenient as Meribel, but a lot cheaper and not full of British people. Very Happy Skiing is great in VT and I highly recommend it.

When are you planning on going? Are you driving down or going with Club Med?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Stayed there last year (during Parisian Half Term). We did not have children at the time!

CarlT, Why? Are you mad? And do you have them now (children, that is)?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Stayed there last year (during Parisian Half Term). We did not have children at the time!

CarlT, Why? Are you mad? And do you have them now (children, that is)?

My job meant that I could not go in March and I wanted to avoid English Half-Term.

This year we are taking my 10 year old son and our 8 month old baby boy snowHead

Not sure what it is going to be like (not staying in Club Med this year!) Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks again carlT - have got really cheap (but civilised time)flight Bristol/Grenoble and organised private transfer for the 8 of us - 29th March - 5th April - which I don't think is a holiday for any region in France and not all UK schools have broken up by then, so hoping it will be a quietish week - looked at a couple of hotels in VT - Val Chaviere for one - and Les Menuires, as would rather stay somewhere with a bit more character but frankly can't make the sums add up to as little as CM..also they are not charging single supplements which we need.. I know I sound like I'm trying to persuade myself - last question (from my husband) was the wine drinkable?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
buttery wrote:
thanks again carlT - have got really cheap (but civilised time)flight Bristol/Grenoble and organised private transfer for the 8 of us - 29th March - 5th April - which I don't think is a holiday for any region in France and not all UK schools have broken up by then, so hoping it will be a quietish week - looked at a couple of hotels in VT - Val Chaviere for one - and Les Menuires, as would rather stay somewhere with a bit more character but frankly can't make the sums add up to as little as CM..also they are not charging single supplements which we need.. I know I sound like I'm trying to persuade myself - last question (from my husband) was the wine drinkable?

The wine / beer was fine Very Happy

Have you looked at the Hotel L'Ours-Blanc? That's where we are off to at the week-end (for the 2nd time). Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did look at L'Ours Blanc - thought it looked really nice and apparently food is rather good - run by a French man and English wife? - interested to hear reviews - BUT I'm afraid this year it's the economy option or nothing. I've managed to bring the trip in for under £850 a head all in. Also the teenagers get a bit itchy after supper (unlike the rest of us happy to crash) and the website says there is a disco. Thanks again for all your help - nice to get such detailed feedback. I'm prepared for the drawbacks but I think not having to worry about food/wine intake plus ski in/out will hopefully make up for those.......
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
buttery wrote:
Did look at L'Ours Blanc - thought it looked really nice and apparently food is rather good - run by a French man and English wife? - interested to hear reviews - BUT I'm afraid this year it's the economy option or nothing. I've managed to bring the trip in for under £850 a head all in. Also the teenagers get a bit itchy after supper (unlike the rest of us happy to crash) and the website says there is a disco. Thanks again for all your help - nice to get such detailed feedback. I'm prepared for the drawbacks but I think not having to worry about food/wine intake plus ski in/out will hopefully make up for those.......

No worries - L'Ours Blanc is nice, but a bit costly. Very Happy

Enjoy Les Menuires - If I have any top tips after next week, I will post them here !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy