Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport to Val d'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Will be travelling from Geneva to Val d'Isere on 31st March or 1st April and returning 7 days later. What is the best and cheapest way to do it? Its just me so taxi isnt really an option due to price.

Thanks in advance!

Tim
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are public buses that run from Geneva airport to ski resorts:-

http://www.gva.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-70/

The bus you will need for Val D'Isere is the Alpski-bus. Timetable here http://www.alpski-bus.com/pdf/aeroski-bus.pdf

The bus is probably the easiest and cheapest way for you to do it if you are travelling by yourself. Although there will be not as many buses running because you are travelling mid week instead of a weekend. A return ticket will cost you around 100 Euros so cheaper than hiring a car and then possibly having to pay parking for a week for the car.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bus is cheapest, but not cheap - around 140 euros return I think - and, as VolklAttivaS5 says, not too frequent mid-week. You can save a few bob by booking in advance online (if you don't, you need to go straight to the bus travel desk in the arrivals hall and book and pay there).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, he will save a smidgen on the bus because it's mid week and not a weekend. Still quite expensive though. Suppose the flights will be cheaper as well mid week though, seems there are only 3 buses per day so if he ends up missing the last one that would be a bummer.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your help guys. Think i will get the alpski bus! Will have to play safe with the bus times though, which means a lot of waiting at the airport! I wonder if they'd let me jump on an earlier bus if i arrived there earlier?

Thanks! Tim
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
3thr3e, not sure because you'll have booked it online. You will have to check, although, as long as they have room on an earlier bus I can't see why they wouldn't let you get on it.

Out of interest where are you going to be staying in Val D'Isere?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
3thr3e, yes, I think they probably would and the buses will be very empty. When I was there enquiring last week (for someone else) the woman on the desk said that the driver would be hanging round by the desk shortly before the scheduled departure time, to see whether there were any passengers. You can be through baggage and immigration very fast at Geneva, especially if you're not waiting for skis. I pick people up there quite lot, and they are sometimes out within 20 minutes of touch down (and touch down is quite often ahead of schedule).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
VolklAttivaS5, a friend went out there to work as a chalet chef in November, so staying free of charge with him for a week!

pam w, If my flight leaves Geneva at 16:45, and the alp-ski bus leaves Val at 1035 for arrival at 1415. Am i cutting it too short? Is check in 2 hours before departure (easyjet)? How reliable are the buses? is it likely that it will arrive at the airport late?

Thanks in advance, Tim
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also, if i were to just pay at the airport, is it likely there'd be spaces on the bus? or would it be full do you think?

Is it possible to book my Val d'Isere ski pass online?

Cheers

Tim
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
3thr3e wrote:
VolklAttivaS5, a friend went out there to work as a chalet chef in November, so staying free of charge with him for a week!

pam w, If my flight leaves Geneva at 16:45, and the alp-ski bus leaves Val at 1035 for arrival at 1415. Am i cutting it too short? Is check in 2 hours before departure (easyjet)? How reliable are the buses? is it likely that it will arrive at the airport late?

Thanks in advance, Tim

I would say that if your flight is 16.45 back home, then check in would normally be 14.45, so if the bus arrives at 14.15 that should be ok mid week anyway. I would say it's cutting it a bit fine for weekends because it's often busier traffic wise etc on the weekends. The airport should be relatively quiet mid week as well so it will take less time to check in etc.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
3thr3e wrote:
Also, if i were to just pay at the airport, is it likely there'd be spaces on the bus? or would it be full do you think?

Is it possible to book my Val d'Isere ski pass online?

Cheers

Tim

Mid week I'd say it's likely to be room on it for one person, however one can never tell. Just book it online to be on the safe side and send them an email and ask them if you can get on an earlier one if need be.

Yes you can book your ski pass online, it's just as easy just to get it yourself from the lift pass office though, you won't have to queue up mid week anyway probably.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy