Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Folgarida, Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, first post so please be gentle.

Wondered if anybody has been to Folgarida in Italy recently. We are going at the usual mad time of half term, but am finding it difficult to get much info, like accurate snow reports, or even facilities available. Booked the holiday cause I thought it was good for reluctant beginner skiers (like me), just hope this turns out to be true!

Any help appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
piecroft, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I'm off to Folgarida for the first time in March, but Wayne who posts here from time to time is an instructor there I believe. So he may be able to give an on the spot view. Otherwise, I've been checking J2Ski for depths and they're reporting 250cm upper and 180 lower with another 40cm due over the next week (17 today) - may well change though, and their predictions can be optimistic sometimes.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I skied for a day in Madonna in March 2006 (stayed in Passo Tonale) and that is linked to Folgarida. Look for snow reports and webcams for Madonna and that should give you a good indication. Like most of Europe, there is fantastic snow there are the moment...

From what I remember of the Madonna/Folgarida/Marilleva ski area it is quite big and generally easy. The only run that made me wobble was a black run called 3-Tre, never again!! There are some wide open runs at the top of Groste and nice tree-lined runs down from Spinale. On the Folgarida side, there are some nice blue runs from Pradalago, Vigo and Spolverino for beginners to progress to...

I have no idea about ski school or resort facilities, but I'm sure someone round here knows more. You'll have a great time, never fear...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try valdisole.net, have been to this area twice with 3 young children and it was great you should really enjoy it !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
piecroft,
Quote:

Wondered if anybody has been to Folgarida in Italy recently.

We came back on the 24th Jan. Had a lovely time, loved everything about the resort and found the webcams on this site

http://www.ski.it/cms-01.00/articolo.asp?IDcms=7347&s=688&l=EN really great to look at.

There's also another Fogarida post running, don't know how to link to it but it will probably be on page 3/4 of this forum.

What hotel are you booked for? Please feel free to pm me if you've any specific questions.

Sharon
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowlamb, just for reference, you can open a new window (link at top of page under snowHead banner), find the thread and then cut and paste a la http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=45474

Or make a url link like this. Which is [type 'url' and then put in '=' sign, then paste the link and close with]type the word you want to link and then add [ with/url and then close with] Hope that makes some sort of sense Smile

[url=paste link here]type word to link[/url]
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went to Folgarida a few years ago, as an early intermediate. The skiing was great. As Queen Bodecia says, any forecasts or snow reports for Madonna will give an idea of what's happening in Folgarida as well. The link to Madonna is a great run, but probably a challenge for anyone with less than a week's skiing under their belt. But Madonna is easily driveable or a short hop on the bus.

Folgarida is VERY small and there's not much night-life. But it has a pretty good pizzeria.

I have very fond memories of Folgarida - it's where I felt I really started to be able to ski.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stevo, isn't it a red down to Madonna? Can you describe by any chance? Not so much for me, but the SO - 4 weeks skiing, but still a little on the unconfident side. Thanks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chasseur wrote:
Stevo, isn't it a red down to Madonna? Can you describe by any chance? Not so much for me, but the SO - 4 weeks skiing, but still a little on the unconfident side. Thanks.

Just got back from Folgarida last weekend. The red (and only run) from Folgarida down to the Madonna area should be OK for a 4 week skier. It's wide with a steady pitch, the biggest problem is that it can get quite busy.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jimmymag, thanks for the info snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I seem to remember it's the first few meters are the worst bit. Mainly because of all the bodies.

We went to Folgarida a couple of years ago at Easter as four families incorporating four 9yr girls and four 11yr boys none of whom had skied before. They managed the trip to Madonna without problems. Indeed they could cope with all the red runs and the token black above the Folagrida middle station by the end of the week.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
paddywwoof, welcome to snowHeads snowHead and thanks for the info.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As Jimmymag says, the red to Madonna is not too bad and, even if you struggle a bit, it's worth it as there are some really nice, wide, long blue runs for beginners above Madonna on that side. It's also a nice town to mooch around in.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy