Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Well done all the "Mary Whitehouse" crew!! You got what you wanted.

Ski Sunday is now 30mins long and only seems to feature racing from weeks ago!! Last year we had 1 hour of skiing based entertainment but all the "Daily Mail Ski-to-Lunch" punters have now reduced the show to last weeks news after all the complaining.

I know there is a second programme on at 10pm called "High Altitude" but why do we have to succumb to people who just want to complain for the sake of it.

Please stick to keeping your opinions to the Jeremy Vine show like the rest of middle England do.

If you want sport you can get it "live" on Eurosport (as all the true fans do). Please BBC, give us back our show. Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Err, at least Ski Sunday is now abot sport, rather than Graham Bell's efforts to improve his mates' skiing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've watched the first 15 mins of todays Ski Sunday (watching the rest after my tea) and it is featuring the Schladming night slalom, from Tuesday. 5 days ago!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The weather put paid to the racing in Garmisch yesterday. The Womens super g was run this morning - too late to get edited for this afternoon. Schladming was the last world cup race - what's the beef?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 1-02-09 19:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski Bat,

I like Jeremy Vine, but do agree with you
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I quite enjoyed last years ski-sunday..this years is a bit pointless unless you're a real racer fan and the high altitude bit is on too late for those of us that are in france or other european reasort with satellite.....I'll either be in the pub or in bed at that time..
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why aren't both halves of the program put together, and shown at 20:00? Do we really need to see repeats of Top Gear, again, and again, and again... Isn't that what Dave is for? Toofy Grin

In fact, why didn't they leave the program as it was last year, and put lots of ski racing on in the morning. Like channel 4 used to.

As interesting as the racing is, I'd much rather have the show back in the same format as last year.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Personally, I prefer the racing. I didn't mind that High Altitude programme last week but I wouldn't bother recording it if I was doing anything else...

And there's the point to the change I reckon. Some people like me prefer to watch the sport, others prefer the Top Gear on snow type stuff...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Didn't see high altitude as BBCNI put it on at 11pm, and I was in bed. I like a bit of racing and a bit of general arsing around in the mountains.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Much better having a proper half an hour of racing. There was no real need to change the format from last year, just to balance out the racing and arsing bits - 45 minutes of Ed Leigh was far, far too much, and 10 minutes of racing was far, far too little. 30 minutes of each (minus Ed Leigh) in the same type of show would probably have been ideal. But I can cope with this year's set up better than last year's, but it could still have been better.

But I suppose I shouldn't have a right to watch the highlights of the racing with Graham Bell's comments because I watch it on Eurosport when I get the opportunity... rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I enjoyed watching the nightrace from Schladming. Especially as i was there!! What an atmosphere!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I quite like the new scheme, Ski Sunday still has it's original feel and High Altitude has the new and interesting bits. It's easy enough to record High Altitude. There is some more skiing on the red button, but I haven't explored that - I think coverage there is nearly live or at least live-er.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
no_snow_in_swindon, same here, was looking out for me, but didn't see my tiny england flag. Second year running, next year i'll get blue tickets to save the walk up the hill. Shame Mr Bell didn't get up the hill to the show the real atmosphere and danger of people falling down the hill. Personally like the new split format, the high altitude stuff is good entertainment shame it's only 30mins
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
waynos,

Saw your photos on another thread and we wearn't that far away from you but didnt see your flag. Did see a Union Jack though.

We're gonna get "blue" tickets for next year. It was chaos on that slope!!! Got taken out a couple of times by people slipping down.

By the way.... Blue tickets go on sale 1st June.

As for Hgh Altitude.... my sky+ failed last week so caught up on the Iplayer this morning. I really enjoyed the sky diving bit with Ralf Little.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skisimon,

Nail on head. We need to get rid of Ed. Who would replace him though?

Maybe they need to do a few items on:

Winter Tyres
Helmets
La Woss
How to ski Fopollo in a day
Blades
FtS Lard tour of France

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Ski Bat, accusing people who wanted better coverage of the racing as "Mary Whitehouse types" is hardly going to win you many friends on here. "High Altitude" is the magazine-style programme akin to most of Ski Sunday of last year. One can argue that High Altitude should be on in the 5pm slot or be named a bit more appropriately ("Ski Sunday: High Altitude" would IMHO be better) but having much better coverage of the racing compared with last year's show is a no-brainer.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 3-02-09 19:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
johnboy, HA HA..... ALSO NEED TOPICS SUCH AS .....

... NEWBIE FIRST TRIPS
.. WHICH RESORT
... PRICE OF BEER
.. CHEAP SUPERMARKETS
.. BEST JACKETS
.. BEST COLOUR LENSES
AND OF COURSE.....

THE MONTALBERT VILLAROGER CHALLENGE Toofy Grin

But seriously tho, i may be out on a limb here, but too much racing gets dull. Lats years top gear on ice effort was much better (except Ed.. topless as always - in fact ... WHY is ed there??) but everyone seemed to moan about that too. High Altitood is on too late really.
ski holidays
Libertine wrote:
johnboy, HA HA..... ALSO NEED TOPICS SUCH AS .....

... NEWBIE FIRST TRIPS
.. WHICH RESORT
... PRICE OF BEER
.. CHEAP SUPERMARKETS
.. BEST JACKETS
.. BEST COLOUR LENSES
AND OF COURSE.....

THE MONTALBERT VILLAROGER CHALLENGE Toofy Grin

... EXCESSIVE INNER TIP LEAD
... 14 EUROS FOR A SPAG BOL
snow report
I like the idea of a ski racing show, but SS is pretty feeble, mainly because it's too short. We don't really neeed Top Gear on snow (or Top Gear at all, come to that.
snow report
At least the BBC are showing skiing unlike CH4, so we should stop complaining.

Sailing gets almost zero coverage, believe or not there are currently two round the world races taking place at the moment, not that you would know other than a smal item on the news this morning.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy