Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nude ski cartoon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Many years ago, I commonly saw a funny poster which was a cartoon ski scene with loads of naked skiers on it.

I last saw it an Austrian resort in 2008, but never thought of getting a photo.
It is by the French cartoonist Roger Blanchon. He's more famous for his rugby cartoons.

Here is another of his works, pretty poor from Google images, but it will give you the idea of the style.

If anyone knows where to get one, PLEASE let me know.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Actually Roger Blachon, not Blanchon.

Might help your search if you were using the wrong name, but won't help if it was just a typo here.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
google image search for "Nude ski cartoon" was interesting
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, it was just a typo.
Indeed, I do wonder how Google images works, "Nude ski Cartoon" images included one of Enrique Iglesisas , who was neither nude, skiing or as a cartoon.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sarge, enrique famously went waterskiing naked as a result of a promise / bet that he would do so if Spain won the world cup
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
by gum, is there no question that a Snowhead cannot answer, apart from where do I find my ski poster ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sarge wrote:
by gum, is there no question that a Snowhead cannot answer, apart from where do I find my ski poster ?
Hi, I, too, am searching for a copy of that poster! Desperately searching... even if it's out of print. I saw a copy of it in a Swedish summer cabin and didn't think to take a picture of it or even find out where I could get a copy of it until I was back home.

Did you have any luck finding a place to purchase a copy? I found your post as I did a Google search and that is as close as I have come to it. I live in Alaska and wonder if an European internet search wouldn't be helpful. Anyway, any help you might give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
LindaJ
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had another go and might have got lucky (click to go bigger)

http://www.vintagesnow.net/Nude-Skier-Poster-p/poster-vs-1.htm
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can usually find them in French resorts as the originals were French. I have some from way back - I think I picked up my first one sometime in the 80s.

I've not seen them in austrian resorts, but then I have to say I wasn't really looking either! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I remember a friend bringing one back from Kitzbuhel in 1984.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue, There's one on the wall downstairs, on the way to the loos, in the little old fashioned restaurant (the one with all the little enclaves) at (I think) the top of the Eiberg, above Scheffau.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've actually got the picture shown in the OP as a jigsaw !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
deerman, Not been in there recently so I've not noticed it - do you mean the Märchenhütte at the foot of the Osthang lift and opposite the start of the double Eiberg lifts? Or the olde world one on the right you ski past on your way back from Söll before going under the Eiberg chairs? I've never stopped there as I don't fancy the walk across the flat section it's on! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Samerberg Sue, I think it's the old fashioned one, - it also has a wee hut just outside that I think is sometimes open as a bar/retaurant too. I've been in it a few times but never noted the name.

I've looked at my Skiline.cc record, and the lift I used before and after my visit on Saturday was the Muldenbahn, so I think it must be restaurant no 42 - Bergrestaurant Jochstubn.

I'll check when I'm out again in February - I'm back in Soll from 4 to 12th. I see that there's a FIS slalom on Saturday 5th, so may try getting to Kitzbuhel that day to avoid the crowds.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy