Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Unusual Feet - Ski Boot Problem

Ashley
Ashley
Hi All,

I have just come across this forum, so thought I would post in the hope you might be able to help me with a boot issue.

I have struggled for years trying to find ski boots that don't cause huge discomfort because I have two different feet, and one boot fitter told meI have strangely shaped feet for a guy, one is a 26.5 boot, the other 24.5, I finally found some boots that worked for me last winter. The Nordica Olympia EM 12 Ski Boots (ladies boot), I am actually male. I have in the past purchased two sets of boots, one for each foot.

Unfortunately, as the skiing days went by the larger of the two boots, the 26.5, although confortable, my big toe was just being pinched a little too much, so I assume I need the next size up. I made the mistake of selling that sized boots after I came back last winter and figured I would just get the same model boot, 27.5 this winter.. duuh stupid me. But I am now finding that this model is no longer available anywhere, so I am faced with having two different boots on each ski, or buying two more pairs of boots.

I was just talking to a gentleman at a ski shop in Scotland who suggested I should buy the boots for my larger foot, and then have custom insoles made and pack out the end of the boot on the smaller foot. Is this a feasible suggestion? I was always under the assumption that would provide less stability in the smaller foot when skiing? Can the boot be packed out so much with such difference in sizes?

Advice appreciated Smile

Ashley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ashley, welcome to snowHead!
I'd suggest you should get yourself to Lockwoods in Leamington Spa, or Solutions4Feet in Bicester. There's a lot that can be done to get boots to fit, but without seeing your feet, I doubt if you'll get any advice worth heeding.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could try Strolz in Lech, Austria. They specialize in problem feet and handmade/modified boots.
Click on "boots" and then "orthopaedics".

http://www.strolz.at/english/gesamt.htm

Welcome to snowheads

Quote:
Correction of leg length differences
Oversize
Care for various foot deformities (hallux, hammer-toes, Haglund's Heel,...)
Special fabrications after sickness, e.g. elephantiasis
Special fabrications after injuries, e.g. various fractures
Correction and support for foot and leg disorders (flat foot, splayfoot, knock-knees, bow legs)
Care after amputations
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ashley, I'd agree with DB. If you need a different-sized shell for each foot, Strolz may be able to help as they act as manufacturers in addition to being custom fitters (unless things have changed. My father once had Strolz boots made - in leather - back in the 1960s).

Why not send them tracings of both feet, and a photo of your feet, and see what they suggest?

I don't know if Daleboot are still going in the USA - this was another custom ski boot manufacturer.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ashley, Welcome, I have extremely flat feet and whilst they are the same size as each other they are very hard to please feet, one is actually much flatter than the other. Since starting skiing I have had various degrees of displeasure/discomfort and only a little temporary success until I visited Solutions 4 feet in November. Colin really has seen 'em all and although, to my shame, I have not yet thanked him I have been very very happy with my boot fit which now has 4 weeks of skiing behind them without pain(he took my existing boots and corrected them brilliantly and reworked the foot beds). I personally would'nt go anywhere else now although I was at the point of contacting Strolz when I decided to give CEM at Solution4feet a go. Good luck
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ashley, as DB says, Strolz boots may be a plan. Glide and Slide in Otley are Strolz licenced fitters - the only one in the UK (I think). A bit closer than Austria.

http://www.glideslide.co.uk/

Good luck Cool

Chris.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ashley,
The people at Lech gave me a new pair of boots after a sports chain screwed up with my first pair of Strolz boots. There are a lot of places that "fit" Strolz (or Dale) boots to "normal" feet but I believe in your case it's worth taking a trip to the main shop where the experts are.

Any extra packing in the boot is likely to pack out over time, I'd suspect (although I'm no expert) that made to measure boots would serve you better.

Lech's not a bad place to ski either snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DB wrote:
Ashley,
The people at Lech gave me a new pair of boots after a sports chain screwed up with my first pair of Strolz boots. There are a lot of places that "fit" Strolz (or Dale) boots to "normal" feet but I believe in your case it's worth taking a trip to the main shop where the experts are.

Any extra packing in the boot is likely to pack out over time, I'd suspect (although I'm no expert) that made to measure boots would serve you better.

Lech's not a bad place to ski either snowHead
Ashley

Have seen Strolz boots done for a man who had two different sized feet one size 4 and one size 6+ His feet look more than a litle strange - - They look amazing and you wouldnt he thought he would never be able to ski without extreme pain. You would not guess they were anything but normal boots. These were done in the UK. Ask Strolz for their contact in the UK

Look fantastic - this guy is so pleased snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snow2go, 12 months is a long time to wait for Ash to get a reply Laughing Laughing

welcome to snowHead 's BTW
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy