Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big boobs and short arms! Ski Jacket Advice Needed

Poster: A snowHead
Snowheads can you help me?

A friend is coming skiing with me in a few weeks and wants to buy her own jacket rather than beg and borrow from friends. The trouble is that she is petitte and has a rather ample bossom.
Normal ladies sizes are too long in the arm and kids sizes fit her arms but not her boobs. She also has the same problem with the pants - but not cause of the boobs - just cos she has short legs and ladies hips!

Any pointers where we could shop for jacket and pants would be really welcome. [/b]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
icebunny, Decalthlon do some pants at the moment that have some sort of adjustment on the length of the leg, and they're pretty cheap too. With Jackets i have the same problem with chest size not being proportionate to the rest of me and i've found that a good cuff on the sleave is the answer, either elasticated or with good buckle/velcro adjustment, this stops them falling below the wrist, you end up with a bit of bulk across the shoulders but this helps with freedom of movement.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
icebunny, Due to global warming jackets have become a thing of the past. A tight, white, short-sleeved T-shirt will be fine.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This thread is useless without pictures
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
icebunny wrote:

A friend is coming skiing with me in a few weeks and wants to buy her own jacket rather than beg and borrow from friends. The trouble is that she is petitte and has a rather ample bossom.
[/b]

I have a personal shopping company which specializes in skiwear. We are a small company (just me) and are quite new. Infact, we only started when I read this post. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, spyderjon, very helpful. Put your Y chromosomes away... rolling eyes

icebunny, I don't have a recommendation on specific makes, but would suggest that when your friend finds a jacket/ski pants she's happy with, that she consider buying a size up, to allow for layers on very cold days.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
icebunny wrote:

Normal ladies sizes are too long in the arm and kids sizes fit her arms but not her boobs. She also has the same problem with the pants - but not cause of the boobs - just cos she has short legs and ladies hips!

Any pointers where we could shop for jacket and pants would be really welcome. [/b]

Is this one of those ''I have a friend...." posts? wink

Anyway, where are you going and when? We're planning a lads trip!! Razz
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have similar issues and with jackets I just get ones with elastic/velcro wrists.

My trousers are Bonfire "blur" (around 3 years old) and they seem to fit me in length (am only 5'1"). I don't know if snowboarding trousers tend to be shorter? I also noticed in the S&R catalogue recently that one of the more expensive brands (can't remember which) does a short length in ski trousers.

Might also be worth checking the boys section of childrens wear. I have an old jacket (North Face) and some trousers which were boys sizes and judging by their current fit on me I would say they were equivalent to a size 12 but with short arms and legs.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
no idea on the jacket but what's her phone number? NehNeh
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wot spyderjon, says Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon wrote:
This thread is useless without pictures

Oh, behave!!!! wink wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lose some weight.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

The trouble is that she is petitte and has a rather ample bossom.

This is an oxymoron...surely. I take it your friend won't be Lugeing?

The depravity of some of our snow heads knows no shame and for other members to encourage them with such postings...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
icebunny, Due to global warming jackets have become a thing of the past. A tight, white, short-sleeved T-shirt will be fine.

It also gives you and your ski buddy somewhere to hang your hats. Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
icebunny, if you buy ski pants without zips at the ankles you can then take them up with out to much trouble or pay a seamstress about £10 to do it for you
snow conditions
All, thanks for your suggestions, they've made me giggle, blush and made a thoroughly boring afternoon writing up performance appraisals a little more enjoyable!

The idea of buying pants without zips it a good one but I still can't believe that manufacturers don't make a range of sizes and lengths. There surely must be demand, post the era of cheap boob jobs.

Anyway - thought the lads might likt to know that I do have a picture of the aforementioned ample bossom coming down the mountain fully exposed...too many sherberts in the half-way tent on the way down. It was cold but the floodlighting was forgiving...and before you ask, no amount of money/bribery would convince me to post the picture here!!
snow report
icebunny, I'll chip in a quid, anyone else? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:

...and before you ask, no amount of money/bribery would convince me to post the picture here!!

How about to PM it? Cool
ski holidays
arv, I'll match your quid and raise you 50p
latest report
anotherproblem, you are not bidding against me.. contributing to the cause!! If we all chip in... I get it.. this is because of that game isn't it
wink
ski holidays
arv, I know, i'm trying to raise the game a bit though. Yes I still hate you for that. Twisted Evil
snow report
icebunny, Your (mis)spelling NehNeh of bosom recalls a quotation from Winston Churchill referring to an MP who's surname was Bossom:

"Bossom? What an extraordinary name. Neither one thing nor the other!"

PS I'll chip in a quid for the photo fund! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
See below.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 12-01-09 22:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Here's some sensible advice ( for which I will require an invoice address, as I now run a personal shopping business. wink ). Go for a technical shell jacket. Your 'friend' can tab the sleeves to the correct length easily, she can layer-up accordingly for warmth and the lack of bulk in the insulation will give her a slimmer look. Go for board pants rather than ski salopettes. Board pants are much more generous in the waist and hip without adding to the length. If 'she' goes for a simple board pant without loads of pockets/zips/detail she won't be in danger of looking like 'mutton'. Peak Performance gear would be a good place to start rather than an out and out board brand such as Burton.
Good Luck girlfriend. Wok Gong. x Razz
snow report
My wife has huge bazooms, she wears one of my old mens XXL jackets. Does the job, doesn't look abnormal. PS the jacket is a Trespass for all you kit tarts out there.

( Stand back, lights blue touch paper)
latest report
Timbobaggins wrote:
My wife has huge bazooms, she wears one of my old mens XXL jackets. Does the job, doesn't look abnormal. PS the jacket is a Trespass for all you kit tarts out there.

Does she wear one of your string vests and a pair of your Y fronts for underwear aswell? rolling eyes

Is 'doesn't look abnormal' OK with you? Is 'nice' asking a bit too much? FFS! Confused

She was probably chuffed when you allowed her to trade-up from a donkey jacket to one of your hand-me-downs. Very Happy

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 12-01-09 22:38; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Mollerski wrote:
Timbobaggins wrote:

Does she wear one of your string vests and a pair of your Y fronts for underwear aswell? rolling eyes

Is 'doesn't look abnormal' your idea of you want your wife to look? Is 'nice' asking a bit too much? FFS! Confused

No, but i wear her lacy knickers and bra, My Y fronts often come up to my chest snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
icebunny, I think a shell might be the best Idea and you can layer up // down as needed. Mrs O has the same issue big boobs and a shorter top half. She uses as shell and it works a treat.

She does find that the thermal top are very restrictive though
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ordhan wrote:
icebunny, I think a shell might be the best Idea and you can layer up // down as needed. Mrs O has the same issue big boobs and a shorter top half. She uses as shell and it works a treat.

Really? rolling eyes
ski holidays
Mollerski wrote:
Ordhan wrote:

Really? rolling eyes

If you know how to search the site ordhan has posted a photo of said items Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Simply cut the ends off the boobs, and attach them to the tips of the stumpy arms with glue. Et voila, a normal human.
snow report
Toofy Grin

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 12-01-09 22:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
arv, Tut, tut. You should have made people work for that Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
paulio, you'd have all kinds of issues with gloves then, suppose you could buy mitts
latest report
icebunny wrote:
Anyway - thought the lads might likt to know that I do have a picture of the aforementioned ample bossom coming down the mountain fully exposed...too many sherberts in the half-way tent on the way down. It was cold but the floodlighting was forgiving...and before you ask, no amount of money/bribery would convince me to post the picture here!!

Oh no, certainly not here.

Of course only members can view Bend ze Knees threads, and there might be pole planting issues.
snow report
anotherproblem wrote:
paulio, you'd have all kinds of issues with gloves then, suppose you could buy mitts

It'd make holding hands fun Laughing
snow report
Mitts for tits - now there'a a tag line for you wink

ps put me down for a quid too Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
And there's me thinking that you lot were helpful!!

Enjoy the white season and thanks for the helpful tips. That was 'tips' you chavs! Laughing
snow conditions
icebunny, I have the same problem, andunfortunately haven'y managed to solve it. I tried a lovely Scott jacket in TKMaxx yesterday. Arms fit, shoulders fit, they even had a pair of matching pants in a beautiful blackcurrant colour. But the bloody jacket had a two inch gap when I tried to do up the zip. And I have no surgical enhancements.
ski holidays
icebunny, I read the other day that Top Shop has come out with a skiwear range - worth a look?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy