Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Megève: wide but thin coverage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from 4 full days' skiing in Megève. Everywhere is white, down to the village, bottom of Princess run, etc, but cover is very thin in many places. Mt Joly (the highest part of the resort) is closed because the thin covering has been wind blown. The Mandarin (the green run from the Igloo down to the Mt d'Arbois plateau) is threadbare in places, as are a few other runs on that side of Mt d'Arbois. There's a new blue version of the Princess run which starts from most of the way along the track at the top of Finance/Bettex. I think it's a way of getting more people down to the upgraded Princess gondalas, because it's actually not much easier than the red. It's a nice tree-lined run though, and the snow was good.

The moguls on Mt Joux are well formed, and reasonably forgiving in the afternoon sun! The track
down the Mt Joux ridge is thin but skiing off either side is good. Probably the best skiing is on Rochebrune / Côte 2000 - didn't come across any worn patches there. The WC ladies' downhill is in good nick. Some of our favourite cut-through-the-trees off-piste sections at Côte 2000 had insufficient snow to be viable though: found ourselves stuck in undergrowth that is normally covered!

Apparently the Jaillet side has been much expanded this summer: didn't manage to get there though. The slope back from Jaillet to the town, underneath the bubbles, was beginning to look very worn by the end of the week: it's always the first to go.

Overall, the resort could definitely do with a big dump followed by low temperatures: I couldn't believe how warm the afternoons were for January! I guess this applies to many resorts in the Northern French Alps and perhaps further afield.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd have to agree with all of the above, although Cote 2000 wasn't my favourite area, even though the snow was pretty good.

Over the back of Jaillet has held up the best through the snow drought. We took a wrong turn one morning and ended up skiing down to the base of the bubble... had to take the skis off to get over a road, and spent most of the time slaloming around the mud patches.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy