Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Thank you BBC.

I set my Sky+ for Ski Sunday last week as soon as I read on the Forum that it would be on today knowing that I would not be in to watch it 'live'. Just sat down to watch it and fast-forward'ed through 30 mins of snooker!

The only reason that they can be redeemed is that the Kitzbuhel races is live next week. As far as I can remember, the Hahnenkamm has not been shown live for ages cos of Austrian TV wanting exclusive rights. Good work BBC.....partly.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ditto. Seethe!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't have Sky just a Freeview recorder but it 'understands' when programming is running late and adjusts the recording somehow. Agree it was rather irritating that the snooker over-ran, who watches that boring drivel...?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dougie, So I presume that means the Sky EPG doesn't adjust for programme movements? That means I'll have the same problem Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You didn't miss much. Have they cut it down to 30 minutes? Fulsome tributes to David Vine, lengthy coverage of Wengen men's downhill, and that was it. Snowboarder guy looked thoroughly miserable, but perhaps they've already run out of obscure parts of the world for him to slide down.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bugger, my (Freeview) recording will probably be of the snooker.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 18-01-09 19:25; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sky+ should have that 'understanding'. If only Sky+ boxes were as intelligent as, say, humans, I wouldn't have this problem.....although having seen Terminator, problems may be different!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Apparently Hahnenkamm is live via red button digital streaming next week. Going to have to try and record that as a 30 min highlights show sounds like a poor substitute...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Two Ears Laybelle wrote:
You didn't miss much. Have they cut it down to 30 minutes? Fulsome tributes to David Vine, lengthy coverage of Wengen men's downhill, and that was it. Snowboarder guy looked thoroughly miserable, but perhaps they've already run out of obscure parts of the world for him to slide down.

probably because they finished their recording then had to re do it all because david vine died. Can't wait for high altitude Very Happy They dropped ralf little out of a helicopter over mannlichen.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My Sky (non+) shifted accordingly. Didn't have PVR set to record though, but watched it live.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
queen bodecia, my Freeview recorder does the same. One in the eye for Sky + eh?

Personally I like snooker. Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bug. Having read the other thread, I set the programme after to record, and deleted Ski Sunday. It's now showing that there was a clash, so it hasn't recorded. I could have watched it live, but my mum was on the phone.

Time to email a complaint to the BBC and try and fnd it on iplayer.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I sky+'d the whole days worht of eurosport so will watch that this evening instead, and I've probably got snooker aswell.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I saw the race on Eurosport yesterday. Have now emailed my complaint to the BBC.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My PVR doesn;t timeshift, luckily we were back from the pub in time to see it
snow conditions
stab wrote:
Two Ears Laybelle wrote:

probably because they finished their recording then had to re do it all because david vine died. Can't wait for high altitude Very Happy They dropped ralf little out of a helicopter over mannlichen.

not over the Schilthorn Laughing
snow conditions
Wanted to see this because of the David Vine content. Sky+ recorded the snooker, and decided not to record the following program at all. I can't see BBCi player - cos I've got a problem getting flashplayer installed.

Seriously pi55ed off!!
ski holidays
We caught it by accident - my mum spotted it was on - the kids were enthralled - they ended up with their new skis and ski boots on pretending to ski down the slopes Laughing Then after it finished we pressed red and found that a big slalom race was on. It's so unusual for me to catch it usually its on during when I sort out the goats and I never get time to see videos of it.
snow report
The David Vine content from Bell was bloody awful. He's so useless at talking from a script.
ski holidays
Available on iplayer.
latest report
Haven't seen Ski Sunday yet, as I was out, but I watched the race live on Eurosport yesterday.
ski holidays
It can be found at http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00h4gmt/Ski_Sunday_2009_18_01_2009/ for anyone who didn't catch it.
snow report
Quote:

Available on iplayer.

Hmm... not showing up for me in the list that get_iplayer generates Sad
ski holidays
jonm wrote:
Quote:

Available on iplayer.

Hmm... not showing up for me in the list that get_iplayer generates Sad

Just search on 'ski' and you will find it. Well worth it, the opening sequence itself is fantastic!
snow report
Aha, it's appeared now Smile Downloading Smile
snow conditions
well, annoyance at the beeb for bumping ski Sunday and at sky+ for not adjusting the recording times, has been supressed by discovering that, having followed the link above, iplayer works on my iPod touch!! Cool
snow report
I assume that Eurosport wll show the race live next week too??
latest report
Just noticed that Ski Sunday is repeated tonight at 11.20 on BBC2.

Not sure if it's always repeated or just because of the mess up on Sunday evening.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
Just noticed that Ski Sunday is repeated tonight at 11.20 on BBC2.

Not sure if it's always repeated or just because of the mess up on Sunday evening.

Perfect, thanks for that heads up, I have just spent the last little while searching for it on Virgin catch up to no avail. Set my reminder for this, cheers
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy