Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black Diamond VS Dynafit boots....impressions in the shop

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This afternoon I try the Methods vs Zzeus. Despite some posts were people say that dynafits are only for narrow feet, I have to say that not much. I have wide forefoot and the both are wide enough, maybe the methods a little bit more wide but also shorter. I need 1/2 size more on BD in lenght.

The feeling are slighty different, in the zzeus I feel more snugly and I don't need to tight the buckles to feel fit....maybe the boots are too small??do you think it???. Maybe can be because the liner is "thicker" and I think that in some days of use they will last more than the BD ones. The BD liner feels bad in the heel, it have some shape in the low part of the heel that I felt bad, I don't know how to explain...And also the plastics and the liner in the BD not seems the same standard quality than dynafits.

Other thing is that I found it soooooft....so really thinking in try the same comparison but between Factors and Titans...But maybe the fit are the same than this ones.

What do think about that? Do you try it?? Do you have information from friends or local shops???

Now my choice after this afternoon is dynafit, but I'll try a little more. Because I feel better, and fits ok, maybe after a couple of days of use can need one or two "touches" in the shell but....Tomorrow more... (Also in the shop that I try Dynafit are by far cheaper than BD....about 100€ of difference in the models that I try...crazy Puzzled )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AlTom, hola! com estas? Did you have a good summer?

I'm surprised that you found the Zzeus softer than the Methods, did I understand that right? Originally the Zzeus was similar to the Factor.

The Method sounds like a pretty good fit.

Last year I bought the Zzero, mainly because of price. I got some new Salomon Ghosts too, so with those two pairs of boots I'll won't be getting new boots for another couple of seasons. Hopefully by then I get the ultimate 'do it all' boot.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
parlor, Yes, really good summer!!!

No no, I try to say that I found soft both!!! But for sure I feel the method softer than ZZeus. Found the Zzeus more stiff and "compact" boot. But I know that dynafit have the new model, Titan, that some reviews say that are this finally "do it all"..so before spend the money I want to try it.

Do you think that Method have better fit?? Surely because is wider, but that issues in the heel, don't be a pain in the skinning up???And the liner don't like so much. What the people that had been using last season talks about it???
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AlTom, I don't know anyone with the Method only the Factors. I know a couple of guys who wore the Factors for 120+ days last season and loved them and one or two people who didn't get on with them.

I understand what you mean about the 'compact' Zzeus, it's similar to my Zzero. It felt strange to start with compared to alpine boots but I found that I soon got used to them. The up is so good, the down you just balance more! This year I will be skiing the Dynafits on Faction 3Zero in a 191 so I might change my mind!

Here is a photo of the relative height of the boots. Photo from Lee Lau, (original thread here.)

The photo doesn't show it very well but the Factors are taller than the Zzeus, which is around the same size as the Titan.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
uoooo...lots of literature about it!!! Thanks!!!

I'll mount the dynafit in a "little" 178cm G3 reverend to make "multiday" tours or long aproximations....maybe not as crazy as you Puzzled Puzzled jaja but today I was talking with one guy that had mounted dynafit in the BD Zealot and also looking the Factors and the titan boots....Maybe the future!!

(Here in the pyrennees is really really strange to found people skinning up with more than 80mm under the feet. Last year in some "refuges" some people when they see us hours away from the civilisation with alpine boots, 192cm skis, duke bindings and crazy "powder seeker" faces give us a sarcastic smile..... Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AlTom, I bought a pair of the Dynafit Zzeus last season and really cannot get on with them, heel pocket is too narrow for me and I want to get rid. I think they are 26.5 with 302mm sole length. I am down the coast from you about an hour. They have only been used for a week of touring.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AlTom, I did the haute route on a pair of 190cm powder skis with tele bindings and a guy on a split board, our third had 180cm Explosives (neon 80s version), we looked funny. No body wanted to sit with at dinner. Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AlTom, I had a bit of a ramble on this thread about Factor vs Titan. May be of some use. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53517&highlight=
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bobinch wrote:
AlTom, I had a bit of a ramble on this thread about Factor vs Titan. May be of some use. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53517&highlight=

thanks...really good information......I didn't see it..
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
AlTom, did you see Dypcdiver was offering to sell you some 26.5 Zzeus?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
parlor wrote:
AlTom, did you see Dypcdiver was offering to sell you some 26.5 Zzeus?

Yes yes, but small for me...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AlTom, Do you know anyone else who might need them, not much of a market here in Cambrils??
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dypcdiver wrote:
AlTom, Do you know anyone else who might need them, not much of a market here in Cambrils??

Maybe.....I'll tell it to my brother and other friends but I don't know if the number is the correct.....

Which was your problem with it?? Narrow feet?? Too small??
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Which was your problem with it?? Narrow feet?? Too small??

The heel pocket was too narrow for my feet, after a day of touring my heels were burning, perhaps because I spend the summers in Flip flops or bare footed. I could have tried to have them ground out but then the boots would be worth nothing if it did not solve the problem!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy