Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Needs some advice for Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I hope someone can give us some good advice. We are a group of skiiers from Norway who will be 4 days in Chamonix in February. We will ski sunday,monday,tuesday and most of wednesday (going home from Geneva late in the evening). We are planning to book a giuded tour for the Valle Blanche on monday, so my qustions is as follows;
1. Should we buy a Mont Blanc Unlimited pass for the 4 days, or can we do it any cheaper?

From the piste maps my thoughts are that we have at least to spend some time in the Grand Montets area, 1 day in Brevent / Planpraz area + ???

2. What will you recommend?

We are all experienced skiiers.

regards

Vidar
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
visam, Welcome

The Grand Montet at Argentierre is the hill for a first time visit so I'd get a day pass there. If you are experienced then you WILL want to go to the top station for which you will want to think about that when buying at the bottom. You must go from the top if open...
The ticket is sold with or without this top lift option..

As far as I can recall...the Aquille du Midi lift is not on the main pass so you need to factor in the day....which needs to be the best weather day...to do it. Do not bother with the VB classic tourist route...it is path and a side slip over fantastic scenery, but that is all.

Do a VB variant like Envers du plan and make it plain to the guide that this is what you want to do. You will need to be able to ski decent pitches over crevassed and Serac'ed terrain and then finish with the FO Couloirs which bypass the Requiem hut and run out onto the flat shuss/pole that all routes end up on to get home. You will need to be able to ski most things in control, at maybe 40 degrees on some pitches if you lucky but I guess that applies to you.. I say this because I think the route down varies from year to year.
The Couloirs are steep..

For 4 days, I would plan 1 day on the Midi, 1 day at Flegere/Brevent if they are still linked..and 2 days on the GM... maybe with a guide to do the Pas de Chevre... if it snows..all bets are off and fill your boots.

Hopefully a local will pop by and tell you about this year's loony tunes on the lift pass arrangements as they seem to re-write them every year and I can't keep up...Laughing

What we tend to do is buy a local pass daily at the lift station that we choose to ski that day..... Unless you know what day the best weather will be for the required VB trip, then this flexibility might work best, albeit the more expensive...

If you have any worries about the type of terrain be straight with the guide because there is no turning back...

Take you own food or it is a hike diversion from the Envers to the hut for a food stop...not too far ..maybe 400mtrs traverse, to the hut..and a scramble back to pick up the finsishing Couloirs and ski home.. maybe if you are quick..the guide can do the VB in the morning and the Pas de Chevre in the afternoon...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy