Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Other resorts with a campsite? (nearer the channel the better)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had an excellent week in Le Grand Bornand staying in a mobile home on a campsite.

For us it worked really well - probably a bit more space than your average French self-catering apartment and the kids loved the on-site swimming pool for a dip after skiing.

So I'm wondering if there are other resorts with campsites? We'd drive again so the nearer the better.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Higs, In Venosc http://www.champ-du-moulin.com/en/wintercamping.htm have mobile homes and chalets, however I haven't stayed there. It's a long way from the Channel! Where did you stay in Le Grand Bornand?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Higs, http://www.campingfrance.com/annuaire-camping/caravaneige.htm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Phil_D, We statyed at Camping L'Escale in Le Grand Bornand (for the 2nd time). Will look into the Venosc one - I've only been there once and that was in August on a mountain bike, a fantastic route down from Les Deux Alpes.

Masque, Ta for the link - very useful
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Higs, How was the skiing around LGB?

How was the accommodation? (or did you camp Shocked)

Thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Higs, I think LDA has a camp site. Brave Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The accomodation worked really well for us (with kids). We were in a mid-size mobile home (Natur'home I think from memory). It was warm and comfy with more space than your typical french apartment. Reasonable kitchen, though we missed an oven. I think there are smaller and larger mobile homes available. There are also a couple of small apartment blocks on the site. I liked the fact that we had a bit of separation from our neighbours (though they were perfectly nice people!) and that fact that when our kids were playing outside they were in the snow rather than charging up and down an apartment block corridor.

The site has a swimming pool which the kids loved after skiing. Over New Year it was packed most afternoons. When we were there last Easter it was empty and we often had it to ourselves.

The skiing was good intermediate stuff. It suited us for a family holiday where we'd drop the kids off at 9:30 and pick them up at 2ish. Pistes/lifts were well-managed and we just cruised around the reds and blues enjoying ourselves. It's not a resort to ski hard for a week.

Hope that helps - if there's anything I can tell you just let me know.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy