Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl -can i ski into switzerland on Ischgl VIP pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I'm off to Ischgl and i hear there is a ski run that enables you to ski into Switzerland - does anyone know which Ischgl ski pass enables me to do this please Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
VIP pass is fine for that.
If you are going to but the pass yourself from the ski pass office make sure you take your visitor card proving you are staying in Ischgl.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
VIP pass is fine for that.
If you are going to buy the pass yourself from the ski pass office make sure you take your visitor card proving you are staying in Ischgl.

Sorry for the double post - meant to edit the original spelling mistake.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

i hear there is a ski run that enables you to ski into Switzerland - does anyone know which

The border is the main ridge above Ischgl, so any of the lifts that go to the top of the ridge let you ski down into Switzerland on the Samnaun side, and there's lots of good intermediate skiing there (plus some challenging off-piste through the cliffs for which you need a guide). However, if you want to ski to the main village in Samnaun, the only pisted way to do so is via the far right hand end at Palinkopf (as you look up at the ridge with Ischgl behind you). It's a very long run, largely in shade in the bottom half - worth doing once to buy your duty free at the bottom (assuming it's still any cheaper given current exchange rates), but there's not much to see or do in Samnaun when you get there (one loud bar playing German taste in pop music, but there's no shortage of these on the Ischgl side of the mountain). When you come back out of Samnaun, there's a double decker cable car (I think the first in the world), which is quite a novel experience (escalator takes you straight into the top level).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Out of interest - Does anyone know what the breakdown is for the kms of piste on the Swiss and Austrian sides?
I did a quick google and didn't find this info.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Does anyone know what the breakdown is for the kms of piste on the Swiss and Austrian sides?

I don't know, but my impression is that the split is about 70% Austria, 30% Switzerland
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for all the replies, when you get there is the double decker cable car at the bottom to take you back up or do you have to get a bus? Puzzled many thanks for all your help
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
juliebenn, you can get back with the lift system. Be aware that the Austrians post border guards at the top and that they do take people out and empty their rucksacks. They are a bunch of miserable SOBs, and have even been known to charge people for stuff they are wearing which has nothing to do with Samnaun rolling eyes In a documentary I saw recently one guy got done for a Rolex which he had bought in America and brought back into Germany (illegally) weeks before, and happened to be wearing when he got checked!

The run down to Samnaun is scenically stunning, but Samnaun itself is like on great big duty free shop. Awful place!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
juliebenn,
There are actually two pistes down to Samnaun.
The one that most people use goes from the Palinkopf and has a couple of variants higher up, it ends up in the main Samnaun centre with all the duty free shops. It is a very attractive run but much nicer early in the day when the piste is less chopped and you can carry more speed into the frequent flats. To get to the cable car at Ravaisch you have to carry on down the side of the river which involves a bit of poling or there is an occasional bus.
At the other end there is a run down from Alp Tridia to the Compatsch village also red. From the bottom you have to get a bus back to the cable car which I think leaves every 20-30 minutes from memory.
This end of Samnaun is actually quite rustic and a nice place to stay, although very quiet.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy