Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for hoppo's resort report:

Selva (February 2008)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hoppo, how ugly is it there? I've heard everything from OK to monsterous carbuncle. The resort I mean of course - the dolomites obviously so beautiful, but I'm not sure I could enjoy the mountains so well if I had to return to a dump of a town every night.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
red 27, considerably more attractive than Val Thorens, probably not quite as attractive as Saas Fee or Kitzbuhel but I think Ortisei would give them a good run for their money.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hoppo wrote:
red 27, considerably more attractive than Val Thorens,

that's damning with faint praise - like less of a smack-head than Pete Doherty

So it was tolerable? not too ugly that it started to grate?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hoppo, in your Selva report you mention that a new 4 man chair has been installed which means that there are no drag lifts in either direction on the Sella Ronda. Does this mean that the two drags from the Passo Compolongo up to the Bec De Roces on the clockwise circuit have been replaced as from memory from skiing it last year these were the only drags.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
riverman, a realted question... I've seen some reports that praise the 'modern lift system' of the S.R. and some that mention slow old 2 man chairs - what was your overriding impression?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27, I thought the lift system was generally very modern on the sella ronda with the exception of the two drags refered to above, that was why I was interested that they might have been replaced. As you can get around the Sella Ronda in about 3.5 hrs it worth doing detours off such as Colfosco which has modern fast lifts.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
riverman, thanks - I've got to go.... what's your view of Arabba please?
snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
red 27, not the place to go if you need nightlife, but a good location for skiing. Would not be so good for second and third week skiers
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
riverman, yes, that's right the twin drags from Passo Compolongo have been replaced.

red 27, I wouldn't describe Selva as ugly - it's more pleasant as a town than the majority of ski resorts I've visited, only really bested by Saas Fee and Kitzbuhel.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hoppo, Thats really good news, will be there in just under two weeks
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hoppo, riverman, Thanks Guys... snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any views on Colfosco? Looking at the Art Hotel Cappella there for a romantic short break with the other half. The hotel itself looks very nice as does the scenery, but if the town is a bit grim I might look elsewhere
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno, Totally other side of the country but a friend has just done a short break here http://www.bagnidipisa.com/spa_hotel/index.html and said it was wonderful.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno, As anyone who has been there will tell you, Colfosco is a very picturesque village. But it is a village, so if you are looking for any night life beyond a few bars and restaurants mainly catering for couples and families, you'll be disappointed.
snow report
I am one of those after skiing the Sella Ronda would not prefer going back to the 3 Vallees, if given a free choice. That may be because I am not after the night life.
ski holidays
saikee, Skiing in the 3V's is better but the views are far nicer on the Sella Ronda IMO. I fell in love with the Sella Ronda! snowHead
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, that does look nice, but there's no skiing! (should have mentioned the break would be in ski season...)

Bruski, thanks for that - night life not an issue. beautiful mountains and a nice hotel (with spa) are the prerequisites in this situation
snow conditions
Arno, would be perfect for that although I don't know the hotel.
ski holidays
Selva and other villages on Sella Ronda get my vote. Less challenging skiing but sooooo much of it and beautiful part of the world. Food's good too.
ski holidays
Ghost Dog, Food is cheap too!!
snow conditions
Arno, Colfosco has a very pretty setting with the towers of the Sella Massif on one side and the Sassongher rising 1000m on the other. Perfect spot for a quiet, romantic break with plenty of skiing to hand. You could also visit Venice on the way in or out.

Check out these photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trancevelebit/2341873620/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/monhiver/364129952/
latest report
cheers, luigi and everyone else. A couple of days in Venice at the end was exactly what i had in mind
ski holidays
Arno, couple of days in Venice may be too long! Stay an extra day in the mountains!!
snow conditions
Is there much nightlife in Selva?
ski holidays
Define "nightlife"?

Great Apres Ski, good restaurants that are value for money! Nightclubs, I cant answer, but know a few that can and will ask them.

A great time will be had on the mountain, I will assure you of that!
snow report
Well probably bars etc for later on at night.
Think Selva will be the one now, the Morzine option was working out dear with the Easyjet flights.

Tight game last Sunday, will you's make it this week.
snow conditions
MhicEasmuint, We were thrashed in the Munster final, cruising to a victory last week and let it slip through our hands. They are making a habit of it I'm afraid! Confused Dont know if it will be a good game but it will be interesting!

Late bars are not as good as some Austrian resorts, IMO as good as you will have in Morzine though. Will get a rundown on some of the bars we/the lads went to. Alas Mrs RH takes her skiing a little too serious for me, as a result not out as late everynight as the rest of the group!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MhicEasmuint, Where are you staying in Selva?
latest report
Cheers, for the info.
Yeah game will be interesting alright, the next one as well. Tyrone starting to shape up a bit now.
Possibly staying in Hotel Flora.
You know it?
ski holidays
MhicEasmuint,

We have booked Flora for 17th Jan from BFS. Never been before though.
snow report
Could well be on the same fligth as ya!!
I learned in the Val Di Fassa area, needless to say didn't get to see too much only beginning. lol
snow conditions
Mrs Johnboy has added a resort report:

Selva (January 2009)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy