Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les gets

Poster: A snowHead
hi heading out to les gets at the end of this month. can anyone tell us the best way to transfer there from geneva airport. thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Car hire. It's only about an hour's drive, and a very easy route.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks paulio. but we would prefer a transfer as we dont use a car when we are there
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Going to Morzine on 17th & going to book the transfer this pm - I'll let you know later!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To be honest even if you don't use the car whilst you are there it's usually significantly cheaper hiring a car, especially if there's two or more of you. There's some good links on snowHeads for cheap car hire from Geneva. For example a Ford Focus type car can be had for £183 for the w/c 31st Jan (Swiss side), or £154 from the French side of the airport. Between 4 people that's not too much. A Ford Ka is £122 for the week from the French side!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mfj197, yep. It will be cheaper, quicker and more convenient than a private transfer I reckon.

To each his or her own though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are plenty of private transfer companies at around €70 return pp, less if you have a big group. Or there's the Altibus which certainly goes to Morzine, so should go to LG. I think that's around €60 return, but are very infrequent apart from Saturdays. As others said though, it's an easy drive.

Hope that helps.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
molly,
About €53 return I think for Altibus, as far as I know needs booking if on a Saturday

http://www.altibus.com/fr/infos_pratiques/stations.html
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Daughter and I took the bus from Les Gets to GVA last year. We only had a one way trip and it was around 50 euro for both of us. A very efficient service. Just over an hour to the airport.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mfj197 wrote:
For example a Ford Focus type car can be had for £183 for the w/c 31st Jan (Swiss side), or £154 from the French side of the airport. Between 4 people that's not too much. A Ford Ka is £122 for the week from the French side!

mfj197, do be careful in recommending the French side of the airport for car hire as you have to pay extra for a "winterised" car - so that £154 on the French side is likely to become £190+ by the time you've added snow tyres and chains.

The French side of the airport is also a complete bitch to find - I've only got the hang of it on my 3rd attempt.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
molly - both snowandtrek and DallyPaul here on the forum both run transfer businesses and may be able to help.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks everyone. we realy do prefer just to hop on a transfer rather than drive.
halfhand, were the buses quite regular as we arrive on a sunday morning?
FlyingStantoni, how do i contact snowandtrek and dallypaul ?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
molly, try this link http://www.lesgets.com/fileadmin/fichiers/PDF/Bus_Horaires_Tarifs/Horaires_Hiv_09.pdf. The timetable seems to suggest first one out on Sunday at 11am.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
molly, have a look at http://www.skitransfers.com/ and http://www.alp-line.com/ . Both firms Les Gets based and have lots of vehciles going backwards and forwards between the resort and GVA; You may be able to add yourselves onto an existing service rather than pay full price for your own private transfer. Have a great time.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FlyingStantoni, very true, although from memory you only need the winterisation fee if you're driving in Switzerland, not France? Finding the French car hire desks wasn't the problem - driving through the centre of Geneva trying to keep 3 cars in visual contact was! That's why I'm using the Swiss side for both car rentals this season, as with the vignette included we'll just head off on the autoroute. I must say I normally drive from the UK myself so don't have the problem too much!

Anyway molly, it sounds like there are reasonable transfers to be found - good luck!
snow report
mfj197, just looked at a quote for a car for myself for next week and chains from the French side add 65 Euros. Odds are you won't need them ... but if you do ...
latest report
molly wrote:
FlyingStantoni, how do i contact snowandtrek and dallypaul ?

Hit "Send/Read Messages" under the SnowHeads logo and send them a personal message.
snow report
ctskifam wrote:
mfj197, just looked at a quote for a car for myself for next week and chains from the French side add 65 Euros. Odds are you won't need them ... but if you do ...

It's probably worth checking whether that's just chains or chains and snow tyres ctskifam.
mfj197 wrote:
FlyingStantoni, very true, although from memory you only need the winterisation fee if you're driving in Switzerland

You really don't want to head to a ski resort without snow tyres.

I've only ever needed chains three times, but when we've needed them we really did need them - i.e. we would have been stranded without them.
latest report
ctskifam wrote:

Agreed, which is another good reason to hire from the Swiss side where winter tyres and snow chains are often (some may say usually) included by default even if not requested separately on the booking.

FlyingStantoni wrote:
You really don't want to head to a ski resort without snow tyres.

Do you mean snow tyres, or snow chains? All depends where you're going - I completely agree for most resorts but for some of the low-lying villages can be fine without (for example Morillon, at little over 600 metres altitude). The D902 up to Les Gets, which if I remember correctly is at 1172 metres, is pretty good but I'd have some means of grip enhancement just in case.

Back on topic molly, there's some good advice here for alternative transfer means. Hope you have a good time!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy