Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Comfy boots for an advanced skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My Rossi boots are now 11-12 weeks old and in need of replacement.

Comfort is my main priority, but i'd also like reasonable all-mountain performance (not race-level stiffness etc). I have big problems with cold aching feet as the circulation in my legs is very poor so would like to find something comfy which also locks my heals in place. I wear Falke SK2 ski socks which have helped a bit.

Are their any obvious candidates on the market currently worth a try for fit?

Thanks Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BrightonSki wrote:
My Rossi boots are now 11-12 weeks old and in need of replacement.

Have you considered just getting new liners? At 11-12 weeks the plastic in the shell is going to be fine...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BrightonSki, Like FlyingStantoni says it could be more economical to just replace the liners. There are very warm liners available that can be moulded to suit any shell and provide a very comfy fit. Get yourself to an experienced bootfitter who can make some recommendations.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Impact 10's if you are pushing the boat out but like the guys said in these credit crunch times. New liners would be fine
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BrightonSki - a supplementary thought...

At 11-12 weeks the boots will have 60-80 ski days on them. It depends on how burly you are, but that's not a great deal of time in terms of liners, which should last 100-120 days. It could be that they've packed and you bought too big.

Maybe a trip to NAKEDZOOKEEPER or CEM is in order?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BrightonSki wrote:
Are their any obvious candidates on the market currently worth a try for fit?

That's entirely foot dependent. The most comfortable boots I've skied in are the ones which are also stiffest(not quite a race boot, but fairly stiff). A really stiff boot which fits your foot perfectly is going to be more comfortable than a soft boot which is the wrong shape. As others have said, get to a good bootfitter and take their advice.

I took a pair of boots with similar wear to your to see CEM and we agreed that a new pair of liners (Zipfits) was necessary rather than an brand new pair of boots.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Who or what is CEM??

Thanks.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, I agree... I had real trouble flexing a pair of poorly fitting beginners boots... yet my new ones have a flex rating of 130 yet feel so much easier to power.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 5-01-09 22:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BrightonSki, snowHead, top bootfitter, based in Bicester, see for example this thread and the website in his signature.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BrightonSki wrote:
Who or what is CEM??

Thanks.

CEM is www.solutions4feet.com who has many snowHeads as satisfied customers.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BrightonSki wrote:

Comfort is my main priority, but i'd also like reasonable all-mountain performance

ZipFit, ZipFit, ZipFit...ask CEM
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy