Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Trains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Will be taking the train from airport (Basel) to resort this weekend and have the option of a £33pp upgrade to first class. However I was wondering whether this was actually worth it, especially as I have noisy kids!

So what do I get for the extra £33 per person?

Regards

Mick
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
micksup, possibly wider seats, more comfort and a less busy compartment, but in all honesty if you have kids I'd go with 2nd class and spend the extra cash on something to keep the kids quiet
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf, great thanks that make sense. Are the carriages all compartments (like ICE in Germany) or are some in the format we see on UK IC trains?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
micksup, it depends on the age and type of the train, mostly with older trains you have entances at either end of the carrige often with toilets and luggage space, the main compartment is then often split in the middle with a door through, pairs of double seats down the carriage, small table at window.

More modern trains may be double deck, it's rare to have corridor trains but I have been on a couple.

Where are you going to from Basle ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D G Orf, To Brig and then on to Saas Fee via Post Bus. Thanks again for the info.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try and get on one of the express trains from Basle some go all the way through to Brig with no changes, others will need you to have changes in Bern and Spiez which means lugging cases arround, Bern is not usually a problem but Spiez can be just a few minutes between trains
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok thanks, if the flight is on time we should be in luck, if not we will have to wait an hour for the next 'Express'. Coming back means that we will get a decent amount of the day in Saas Fee before taking a late flight home. Hopefully both will avoid the need to make any changes other than Brig.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I allways go first class on Swiss & German Railways. The upgrade isnt that much more. My main reason is to get away from the annoying Guest Workers (who never reserve a seat) and never seem to be able to sit still & also to avoid noisy Kids Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
micksup, if you don't already have one, I'd use the saved cash on a portable dvd player. If you get a headphone splitter, more than one child can watch at the same time. We got one purposefully for the kids for the coach journey that we had and at one point there were about 8 others watching over the seats.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
micksup, look for a coach with a cartoon on the side. Some of them have kids' play areas.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy