Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marking skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I purchased some fischer progressor 8s Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . I want to mark them with my name and telephone number. Whats the best way. Does permant marker stay on skis in the snow or will it just wipe off. Is there a better way
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used a Dymo thermal type printer on the 'weatherproof' silver tape and stuck it on the plate below the brakes. I expected them to fall off but they havn't after many weeks abuse. The silver scheme looks like a part of the binding and my postcode sufficiently alien to jhonny foriegn ski-thieth to avoid removal. However, if they get stolen then I doubt any markings will make a big difference.

I am much less worried these days cos they are now not an attractive modern ski.

However, when out on the Volkl Mantra rentals last week, I split them with others in the group at lunch/apre stops.

I also worry about someone else taking my skis simply because they mistake them for mine. This though is unlikely. Poles on the other hand...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Farmboy, I've still got 15-yr old permanent marker scribbling clearly legible on an old pair of skis I'm throwing out. Unless you really try to remove it it should stay on the ski.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Farmboy, permanent Marker works - I also tend to put my initials and some stickers on the tips - so people cannot claim they "accidentally" took the wrong skis
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm in the sign business, made myself some tamper proof labels. They stick like the proverbial to a blanket and unlike other stickers they will only peel off in tiny little pieces. It would take you ages to pick them off. Marker pen will wipe off with a bit of paint thinners or nail varnish remover, if you need to get it off. Try on a small area first though, it may react badly with plastic.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use regular permanent markers (Sharpie pens) and they seem to work very well. I once turned up on a course and found about 10 identical pairs of skis in the boot room, so writing names on the skis was pretty much essential. I also write edge angles on the skis if they are set to a particular angle, so I don't have to remember what they are set at when getting serviced.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've found that snowHeads stickers don't stay on too long.

Shonky manufacturers to blame wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mosha Marc, mine are still there after about 5 weeks of skiing!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nick L, you need to get out of the bar and into the snow a bit more wink Laughing

In truth, it'll be more to do with the ski top sheet surface.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
problem is doesn't permanently marking the skis drastically reduce their potential resale value??
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski wrote:
problem is doesn't permanently marking the skis drastically reduce their potential resale value??

My 'permanent' markers came off with nail polish remover.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
kitenski wrote:

My 'permanent' markers came off with nail polish remover.

So if you see dodgy looking characters hanging around ski restaurants/bars with nail polish remover, split your skis Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy