Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy for a "final fling"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some advice for a pretty specific brief:

Mrs barry and I are expecting our first junior barry and want to take in a holiday before the fun starts proper (her indoors is calling it a "babymoon" rolling eyes ).

We're looking at maybe end of february - she won't be skiing by then but will still be fine to fly and would like to go to somewhere with a nice spa as she's allowed to get treatments etc again by then ( Puzzled ), and has alsways wanted to visit Italy. So what we're looking for is somewhere traditionally Italian with nice geniune eateries etc. and a decent spa hotel dealie so that there's plenty of pampering / non-ski stuff to do. I aint too bothered about the skiing extent, would be happy with somewhere cruisy and/or quiet or "local" - the "typically Italian" is the most important so that her-indoors enjoys it.

I've only skied in Sauze in Italy so far so looking for some other suggestions

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
barry, Congratulations, and as an experienced Dad, I will tell you there is no prouder title and you will be amazed how soon it will be before you are being over-taken in a shower of snow to cries of "Come on your slowcoach!".

I love the Dolomites, but from the point of view of your wanting a pretty quiet week I suggest you have a look at Bormio. I have no particular recommendation for spa type hotels, but would expect there to be some. The town itself is charming, not least for the natural hot springs and associated baths. There are few finer experiences than soaking beneath the stars in a genuine Roman baths watching the piste-bashers on the hill. There are some wonderful restaurants and the skiing, though not extensive, is varied and interesting. You can also take a trip to St Moritz.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cortina has loads of Italian vibe, and some cruisy skiing. Biggish town, with plenty to see and do. No doubt loads of expensive pampering available, though I wasn't in the market for that!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd take a look at the Aosta valley, the transfers are fine and the resorts are set up for the rich folks from Milan and Turin so plenty of pampering and shopping. I stayed in Courmayeur but there's a resort above the town of Aosta itself I think
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try Val Gardena (Selva in the Dolomites).... Good resturants and very friendly people. Check out our photos from 3 weeks ago. Italian with Austian overtones...

http://picasaweb.google.com/Angus.Laycock/ValGardenaDecember2008?feat=email#5280512586081334626

Done Aosta Valley... Lot's of Snow there now. But some of the resorts lack Aprescharm. I have stayed in Aosta which is not bad. Cervina is ok but not that great in the evening. Le Thuile is dead as a door nail.... But the Dolomites scenery is AWESOME Hope that helps.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Hotel Evaldo in Arabba has nice pool/spa facilties, great restaurant and is very friendly and was also Brit free when we stayed there 2 years ago.

Mrs CP does not ski and had a wonderful time.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would second Chris Bish's recommendation of Bormio. The resort is actually a medieval town so plenty of shops to look around. The Roman baths are fantastic, but they are a short taxi ride away (about 15 minutes). There is a modern spa in the town itself I seem to remember. We have stayed at Hotel San Lorenzo a number of times, which is very near to the centre of town (the food is wonderful). We are going back to Bormio at half term. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would also recommend Bormio, it is a true hidden gem, a real medieval town with plenty to please all. There are two smaller ski areas very close by that also deserve a visit, they are less than 15 mins away. The only hardship is the distance from the airports. Well worth the journey though. IMHO
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy