Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

which good all round skis for me?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm female, 5ft tall and weigh around 55kg
I'm about a 6-7 in snow & rocks ability scale

I currently have a pair of volkl attiva skis that are about 3 years old.

I find them fine on-piste but if its powder or ungroomed then Im REALLY struggling.
Is it my technique or the skis? I find it difficult to turn and end up skiing like a beginner.

I was looking at getting some of the big mountain skis like the Volkl aura (but they are quite expensive) as they are supposed to be good all-rounders.
Anyone had any skis like this?
I mainly ski on-piste but if it snows heavily and the piste is ungroomed or I want to do a bit of off-piste then I'm looking for something to make my life a little easier.

I am having some more lessons anyway incase it is just my technique!
Smile

Any advice would be appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll get accused of being too K2-centric as I've got a pair of Apaches that I'm obsessed with, but have a look at the K2 Luv range, my friend has skiied the Sweet Luvs and the Burning Luvs and she 'Luved' both of them. The Lotta Luv is advertised as 'all terrain' and might help in the powder.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeah lottas are fatter then the Burnings.

also look at the Head great one.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lauralime wrote:
I find them fine on-piste but if its powder or ungroomed then Im REALLY struggling.
Is it my technique or the skis?

A bit of both. Someone with good technique will be able to ski anything on anything.

The rest of us get fatter skis to help out a bit, abd get lessons too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The theory:- take the £300 you were going to spend on skis and spend it on decent lessons, the skills you learn will last a lifetime.

The practice:- take the £300 and spend it on skis, they might last you a few weeks. However you'll still struggle off piste, spend £300 more on new skis blaming the old ones Toofy Grin

PS, I'm in the 2nd camp off piste too rolling eyes I should learn really but I can buy shiny new skis from the comfort of my sofa.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for your advice

Well I've done both!
I have booked some private lessons for next ski holiday AND
bought a pair of Salomon Lady skis yesterday (spent far too much money - oops)

I think with that combo I'll be sorted!!!!

Merry Christmas Folks!!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy