Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Carroz

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We arrive in Les Carroz this Saturday for a week. As a few of us like a beer, I was wondering if someone can steer us towards some of the best places to drink in Les Carroz (ok so it's not big on the apres ski, but there must be a few bars!). Do any of them have live music, are some more reasonable than others for the cost of a pint?!

Thanks,

Dave
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dave - not sure why but all the "residents" use the Point Noir.....it's as good a place as any to start and if you get bored or want a change of scene you can walk the 50m to The Marlow or 50m the other way to the Carp Dieme or the nightclub "Club 74".

Say hello when you're here you're bound to see me at some point...(Brit Defender, yellow coat and big hat)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cool thanks Marcellus, if I see you I'll buy you a drink!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BTW another 30cm has fallen today in teh village and the resort is opening a day early!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yeh the webcams look great! Can't wait now, looks like we are due some nice clear weather while we are there too. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davejsy,
I know Marcellus (and most of the locals) prefer the Point Noir, but personally, the Marlow is my favourite.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davejsy,
Let's know how you get on in Les Carroz please mate.
We're going there 11th of Jan, wish we were going next week as conditions look perfect!
Would also be interested in the pint of a pint etc, especially as the Pound is through the floor against the Euro at the minute.
Have a ball!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
simo1234 wrote:
davejsy,
I know Marcellus (and most of the locals) prefer the Point Noir, but personally, the Marlow is my favourite.

Simo - and out of season???
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers Lucan, I shall report on my return!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lucan wrote:
davejsy,
Would also be interested in the pint of a pint etc, especially as the Pound is through the floor against the Euro at the minute.

A "pichet" costs €10 and I think it's 3 or 4 litres..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marcellus,
Cheers Pal!
We normally go to Val d' in Jan, how glad am I that we've decided to try somewhere else with the Euro €1.05!
Hopefully bump into you w/c 11.01.09 and split a said pichet!
Condition look fantastic at the minute, you lucky sods.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quick question about Les Carroz...

Did the whole of the Grand Massif open last weekend? Or was it just Flaine? The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of going to Les Carroz for the week before the Xmas week next year. No point planning it if the resort isn't open...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Flaine opened on the 13th and Les Carroz ws supposed to open today (20th) however they did an "exceptional opening" last weekend for 2 lifts in Carroz last weekend and fully yesterday (19th)!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll scrap the plan to go the week before the Xmas week then. Darn.

Thanks for the info.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
m00958, Marcellus is saying that LC is fully open so get booking, wish i could afford to sneak an early trip in.
ski holidays
I've been out today guys and got to say IT WAS GREAT!!!

(btw Kate will hate me for sayingt his but I've only got a family of 5 in this week so could easily accomodate another 6 adults plus 3 children if anyone's interested!!)
latest report
Although Flaine normally opens the week before Xmas not all the runs are open. This presumably due to the resort being fairly quiet and not always sufficient snow cover.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy