Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski to help Mrs A rediscover her stoke!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs A skied a lot when she was younger. On skinny skis, feet locked together etc etc.

We have had a few trips over the last few years and she has got a bit frustrated with shaped skis and how you are "supposed" to ski them. Thing is, when she forgets all that and just skis naturally, she has a pretty good time. She skis very fast on easier runs (yes, I know), a little in the back seat but isn't quite so confident on steeper stuff (well within her ability but it's more of a confidence thing.) She's been on some 160 cm Volkl AC somethingorothers which she got for cheap but I don't think they are doing her any favours. The are a bit long and probably too stiff and heavy.

She's about 5ft 3, don't know what she weighs but she is quite petite so I am thinking some lightweight twintips (introducing the possibility of going backwards which I could see her enjoying), 150-160cm length (probably towards the bottom of that scale), with a medium sidecut (so she can ski old school without the edges being too grabby but with some help should she suddenly decide that carving is the way forward.) Also not looking to break the bank.

She'd mostly be skiing on groomed snow, but would probably pop into some piste-side powder so something fairly all-purpose would be best, I think

So, firstly, do people think that this sort of ski is the answer?

Secondly, any recommendations? Looking at the deals at Sport-Conrad, the following look possibilities:

Volkl Pearl (155cm)
Rossi Scratch Girl (158)
K2 Miss Conduct (159)
Dynstar Exclusive Legend Powder (158) (this is a bit different from the others I know)
Atomic She Devil (155)
Armada ARW (161)

Thanks for the input!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arno, well, there's a thing, I didn't know I was married to you! Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you do not want grabby edges why not just give the skis a bit more base bevel? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a friend in a similiar situation, she jumped on a pair of 1080s and loved them, as did my wife, who also likes to ski around old skool! (This was a few years ago mind....). You could probably pick up a 2nd hand pair, my wifes 161cm 1080s went for 120quid recently on ebay....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, i was thinking something in the 1080 mould might be the answer. however, i think your post illustrates that for some reason Salomon attracts a premium on ebay! Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My other half has the K2 Miss Conducts and loves them. Twin tipped and decent for carving on piste. There also appear to be some pretty good deals around on them at the mo.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno, do you subscribe to fallline? They have a quick summary of all the all mountain skis at the back of the current issue.....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy