Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Man left hanging trouserless and upside down from Vail chairlift

Poster: A snowHead
In a bizarre accident in Vail last week, a skier was left dangling upside down and trouserless from a chairlift. The mishap apparently occurred after the 48-year-old man and a child boarded a high-speed lift in Vail's Blue Sky Basin. It appears that the chairlift's fold-down seat was somehow not in the lowered position, which caused the man to partially fall through the resulting gap. His right ski got jammed in the chairlift, and that kept him upside down because his boot didn't unclip from its binding....Source: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0106091vail1.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
that did make me giggle Embarassed they must have been so scared tho Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Funny, but could have been much more serious, luckily his DIN setting was set correctly! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Carry On Piste! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ok, i'm deffo guilty of laughing too. i do feel sorry for him, and i have read the details in the report, but can someone please explain how his trousers and underwear conveniently managed to come off in the slip? i would have expected that to happen to younger snowboarders who irritatingly wear their trousers hanging way too low. but a skiing dad? i mean, come on!!!! or am i just being my usual cynical self?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice spot Helen, poor bloke, it is a bit naughty to take a high def photo of the poor chap and post it on the web. At least he appears to have a hairy arse to keep him warm.

Are you sure it is not just another stunt by David Blaine?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes - the photographer has been suspended from work, even though he wasn't working at the time and took the picture on his own camera. See: http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20090106/NEWS/901069934/1078&ParentProfile=1062&title=Photographer%20suspended%20for%20Vail%20skier%20pic
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmm - Vail Resorts sense of humour failure or overaction to inevitable lawsuit and the fact that their own screwup ends up well documented for the courts?

Don't know how the child managed to be sat down normally though?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also a further thought - what happens to Vail resorts ad spend on this site when they find out we've been chuckling over it wink ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I didn't laugh... honest Very Happy

Free lift pass for the pair i think would be only good manners!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
His helmet looks intact Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My kids wouldn't have know what to do if I they had been in such a position..........but the choices would have been: beat my arus with a ski pole... or pop the binding on my ski Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The man is reported to have frozen the assets ......... of Vail resorts prior to suing them.

Or is he the original ski-bum

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 7-01-09 11:21; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
best snow news article ever Toofy Grin
snow report
I can only begin to imagine the extent of shrinkage that would occur in that situation. It must have looked like an acorn.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, Beating rear with ski pole is the correct response.

At least he didnt have any clingons/skidmarks. Funny the kid seems to have lost a ski
snow report
Looks like another reason to bring back fartbags. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
haha maybe that will teach the americans to put the bar down.
snow report
fatbob wrote:
Also a further thought - what happens to Vail resorts ad spend on this site when they find out we've been chuckling over it wink ?

No doubt the CEO of Vail will sign up as a snowHead to put his side of the story and we will all live happily ever after and book our next holiday in Vail Toofy Grin wink
snow report
Was this a case of the "Wrong Trousers".

When I get on chairlifts I also look behind me so that I can, if necessary, knock the snow off the seat. Also if I can I also sit on the drier part of the seat if it is wet. The other reason for looking behind is to judge whether or not I should take a quick step forwards so that the other chair users take the impact of the chair on their calfs!
latest report
What a bummer, it must have scared the pants off him! Very Happy

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 7-01-09 12:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Is that a crevasse i can see? Just below the guys legs! Laughing
snow conditions
geepee wrote:
Looks like another reason to bring back fartbags. Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
A bad day to choose to ski commando I would think... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
This is a clear reason to ban all nuskol low-hanging and loose ski pants. They should not be allowed in public places.
ski holidays
This has made my morning ! Laughing
latest report
demos wrote:
This is a clear reason to ban all nuskol low-hanging and loose ski pants. They should not be allowed in public places.

Surely they saved his life Toofy Grin I think I'll start a "Why dont you wear low-hanging and loose ski pants thread?"
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thankfully its January.... if it was April 1st I'd think it was a spoof!
snow report
That is so terrible but also very funny, poor guy.
latest report
Balls to him Laughing
latest report
Does anyone have a gun handy?

I'd like to shoot myself for looking at the big Shoogly picture and just thinking 'not a bad back bottom'.

Good grief!
ski holidays
Vail should have a caption competition... or maybe find the ball?
ski holidays
Puzzled Shocked That has just cheered me up...!!!! Laughing Laughing Were they playing pinatas.....????? & I didn't think they made helmets that small.......?????
latest report
What adds insult to injury is the fact that Vail have the cheek to charge extortionate amounts for a ski lift pass.
ski holidays
Wow. Just registered on this forum and thats the first thing i see.... FUNNY!
Makes the blood rush to your head i imagine.
latest report
TROUBLE, Welcome to the sHs world snowHead
snow report
This photo has been shown in every European newspaper probably Amercan as well. I wonder if he is going to ask for some money?
snow conditions
fatbob,

Quote:

Don't know how the child managed to be sat down normally though?

stranger danger ?
snow conditions
I see the photographer was called "Marty Odom".

Good thing it wasn't Steve, or Simon Laughing Embarassed Shock
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy