Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not feeling it/hit a plateau

Poster: A snowHead
Sadly my progression train has left without me this year. I just feel like I'm going through the motions with my boarding, havent learnt anything of any significance for ages, just the same billy basic run with the same poxy jibs and airs every time. Is this it? Was that as good as it got? Sad.
Getting worried I dont have the hunger of previous seasons, I still get stoked to go ride but it wears off sooner than it used to, like an hour boarding and I start thinking of going down, maybe I'm just sick of the place I live, in zermatt I seemed to have the hunger again. Or maybe the fear of injury is holding me back, 2 seasons in a row without major breakage must surely mean this one I'll crock myself.

Balls, anyone else had this? Does it go away?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stab,
its called old age
we probably wouldnt get as bad as we have to wait soo long just to go boarding for a week at a time,where as you can do it whenever you want
things that are usually easily accessible in life(like a mountain for you)you can easily get bored of
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nigel b,
Quote:

things that are usually easily accessible in life(like a mountain for you)you can easily get bored of

Absolutely. For a number of years, I worked full time in the music business and that entailed going to concerts night after night. I wouldn't have believed it possible that I could tire of hearing the best musicians, but I did.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab, you aren't going to do this so I don't know why I'm bothering, but you should learn to ski. I found that learning to board was both fun in itself and also rejuvenated my interest in skiing for some reason. I am now getting much more fun out of the whole wintersports thang than I did before.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I used to feel exactly like that. Bored of what I could do, frustrated by what I couldn't do. It only went away when I went back to ski school and I learned to do much more on skis. Faster, steeper, more control, more confidence, more fun. I re-discovered my passion for skiing and now much more of the mountain is open to me. Best thing I ever did.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard, its on my list to do before I die, or hit 40, whichever is sooner.

Had a big day today, learnt some little jib things but nothing eventfull, I cant even remember the last time I fell. I need more balls for sure.
I just wish I was onboard that progression train that normally picks me up every winter. God my area should have a park Sad

rob@rar, after that basi thing I seem to be getting more interested in the understanding of boarding and the teaching of.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, I did the same. At least if one isn't working out you can still be out on the hill. Change being is as good as a rest and all that Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab, Go racing Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab wrote:
rob@rar, after that basi thing I seem to be getting more interested in the understanding of boarding and the teaching of.

Very Happy thought that might happen (as it did for me).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Get some big air you wuss Wink you are simply bottling it ! And get out of Wengen to Wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hahaha i'm out of action, just done my ribs in- went for an x ray- Not broken but the pain is off the chart. I'm such a dick.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab, Sad Hope you feel better soon.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle, cheers. Pain killers are doing their job now Smile
Side note for the kids, tail blocks look cool but don't pop out of them and land on your fist, with your ribs. I would like to think my dainese back protector saved any real breakage there.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, sorry to hear bout your injury dude. hope you're better soon.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rayscoops wrote:
Get some big air you wuss Wink y

Looks like he followed your advice!

stab hope you feel a bit better soon.
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
I used to feel exactly like that. Bored of what I could do, frustrated by what I couldn't do. It only went away when I went back to ski school..............

Not at your level Rob but when we went last January there was something missing. We went again in March and decided to bite the bullet and booked a private lesson for 3 hours. Now completely sold on private lessons. Its not cheap but worth every penny. Fun and you learn (and you can skip lift queues when it busy Toofy Grin ). Already booked with Spirit 1950 for 2 1/1/2 hours on 6th Jan, can't wait. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
rob@rar, sherlock235, thanks, its not a proper injury though, just an inconvenience Sad Mad at myself for being such a dick and ruining what was shaping up to be an epic day. Ah well, I start work tomorrow so a perfect time to be injured.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:
Not at your level Rob ...

I was pretty hopeless before I returned to ski school. Loads of bad habits, and not much understanding of what I was trying to do never mind be able to do it. I got lucky and ended up with some excellent instructors, and have never really looked back since then. Some people might be naturally talented and not need professional input to help them develop, but for the rest of us instruction is the best way forward, IMO.
snow report
stab, Hope you feel better soon! my ribs took months to get back to normal Crying or Very sad Luckily for you, you can get straight back on it before any phobia sets in. I will have had 9months since I last got on a board and hurt myself, I'm hoping it won't have affected my confidence for attempting kickers
snow conditions
stab, man up. You still need to grind the railway (and film it).
snow report
P.S. start a new thread of your old sig quotes, they're classic.
latest report
Swirly, hehe, and I didnt even unleash the "how big is half a chicken" yet.
snow report
thefatcontroller wrote:
We went again in March and decided to bite the bullet and booked a private lesson for 3 hours. Now completely sold on private lessons. Its not cheap but worth every penny. Fun and you learn (and you can skip lift queues when it busy Toofy Grin ).

Same as Very Happy

Private lesson booked for Cham 28th Jan just in case its a tad busy Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy