Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BSM/Les Arcs/La Plagne 15-29th January 2005

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone in those places between those dates who's up for a meet-up, let me know.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We will be in Hauteville near Bourg from 22 to 29th with a few others, so will keep in touch.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent. I'll make sure we do.

Just booked the Eurostar. snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skanky, lots of anaesthepistes in Belle Plagne from January 22nd.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skanky, I'm doing a season in Plagne 1800 so i'll definately be there on those dates! Very Happy Cool Razz
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Okay, we should sort-out a lunchtime meet-up one day in the second week (22-28, obviously).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll be ski hosting every Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. Wednesday is my day off (so could be good) and Thurs and Fri i'd be available from about 11 till 4 ish. We could always ski to Les Arc and see the flying squirrel!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah, if we meet up at lunch, then at the Flying Squirrel would be a good way to do it. I am assuming, possibly in correctly that it's reasonably close to the slopes?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sure is! 1 minute stroll from the piste at the base of the Vanoise Express. Happy Hour(& 1/2) 4.30-6, make the most of it! I might even wear my squirrel outfit for you.
And damn it, there's even a 10% discount on drinks for all Snowheads.. (Snowhead ID prefered Wink ) although Happy Hour price would usurp this not augment it, if you see what I mean!

Chris - if you're hosting over Les Arcs side, bring your guests in for a drink or munch and I'm sure we can arrange a compensatory snack/bevvy for yourself?

Admin - please don't delete... they started it!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not sure I could get back to BSM after happy hour, but will definitely call in for lunch one day (or few). snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There was a couple of weeks last year when you could easily ski back down to Bourg... Still after Flying Squirrel's hospitality, not sure I'd recommend the trip back down in the dark!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG, is there an itinery down, or do you use the road?!

Regards

Rob
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There are actually several pistes down to Les Granges at 1200 - the funicular stop on the way up to 1600. At least a couple of them are open for a month or two during the season. When conditions are good it's one part of the domain which is invariably very quiet! Hardly anyone uses them, apart from the locals. There are a couple of blues, the Bois de Saule and the Millerette, plus the Granges red that goes from the funicular station at 1600, and the Violette red which is often shut from lack of snow - nice and steep, but exposed.

As for getting down the remaining 300m to the valley, I've never done it - no obvious routes, a bit of local knowledge needed. Saw skiers finding their way down when I was in the funicular a few times, we had a couple of weeks with nearly a metre of snow lying on the ground in Bourg...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah, seen those routes on the piste map. The funicular runs 'til 7ish pm as well though, doesn't it? Or are those later runs for lifties and the like?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Our very last day in La Plagne, Mme Brain gave me leave to roam off into the depths of Les Arcs and volunteered to get the bags down to Aime so I could ski till the last minute and jump on the train at BSM.
I got down to 1600 on the last run and was just about to get on the funiculaire down when I spotted some 'young guns' clicking on their skis rather than off. I asked them if they knew a way to ski down further and they invited me to ski down to Les Granges with them, "but u know ve ski very fast and offpiste... zis ok for U?". Aaah, the exuberance of youth! I helped them back to their feet when they needed it of course Little Angel

It was slushy and patchy: a really fun 'obstacle course' for a last run of the week.
The bonus though, was getting to use the TGV back to Aime as a kind of ski-lift (with seats and air-con)... and U thought the Vanoise express was big!
ski holidays
flying_squirrel, sounds like a plan! I go out there on the 2nd Dec but i believe the ski area doesn't open until the 11th. Our first guests arrive on the 16th so the girlfriend and I or just me (she has only done 2 weeks so the journey might be a bit stressfull), will pop in before to introduce ourselves. See you then!
snow report
What with all the snowHead locals and seasonnaires around the Paradiski area reckon we should nominate the Flying Squirrel as the official SnowHeads centre and recruitment point! flying_squirrel, now you've got (soon anyway) broadband, get a pc up and running somewhere and all chronic snowHead posters will soon be calling in to get their daily fix Wink

Chris Downey, see you sometime in the season no doubt!
ski holidays
Great idea PG, . Do I know where it is?
latest report
Chris Bish, When you passed overhead on your last day when we were racing over at Peisey, you'd taken the chair pretty close to FS's place... it's in Plan Peisey between the Intersport and Sport 2000, so ideal for Paradiski as a whole...
snow conditions
Is that near the Paradiski station?
ski holidays
Chris, yes, it's in the apparment block next to the Paradiski station but you have to go around the back to get to it. I think there may be a walk-way through the block which emerges by the side of FS's bar.
ski holidays
Chris Bish, You can see where it is here
ski holidays
What's the easiest way to get to the FS on skis? I tend to go to Vallandry more than Plan Peisey so I'm not sure how to get to the bar (although I intend to correct that as soon as I can!).

Regards

Rob
snow conditions
Is it in the block (blue rectangle) to the left of the lower, central ski station?
ski holidays
PG, where are you based for the winter? Les Arcs or La Plagne?
snow report
PG lives in Bourg St Maurice, year round.
latest report
Thanks for the details. Jon and I will be on our own again next Easter, so Les Arcs might well be on the schedule.

Hope to see some Snowheads in Mottaret from 12th Feb.
snow report
Bump.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Resurrecting this thread as we're now only a week away. All those who're going and wish to meet-up, say "Aye"....

Is Flying Squirrel still around (not bothered about the 10% discount, mind)?
ski holidays
Yes, called in at his bar the other day. Pretty easy to find - as you ski down the Ours (or the parallel blue, can't remember the name) with the Vanoise Express and new 6 man chairlift in front of you, you go past the Hotel La Vanoise on your left, about 200 yards before the bottom of the run. If you stop just before you get to this hotel (where Kuwait Ian is staying) and take the road that runs down to your left, the F.S. bar is in a group of shops about 100m down on your right.
ski holidays
skanky,

Aye, coming from Belleplagne available from the 17th onwards. Would like to meet up with snowheads that Mon or Tues. but pretty flexible...!!!
Don't know the area but will jump on the big lift and work it out if we have a definitive meet time. Lunch sounds best...and then maybe a blat around Les Arcs...!! Or whatever..!!
latest report
PG, thanks for that I'll make a note of the directions,...though I meant on Snowheads. Haven't seen hime for a while.

The FS bar still looks best for everyone. We might need two or more lunchtime meets though - one for each week.
As long as we don't all sit around and bitch about how bad my weather forecast was. Confused
snow report
If I am eading PG, 's directions and the map right is it in Plan Peisey near what looks like the Intersport shop..?
ski holidays
JT,...despite me continually calling it "Plan Pleisey", I think that's it. Website.
snow report
skanky,

Got it, thanks, ok now all we need is the time and date.
snow report
Okay, do we know who's around during each week?

Any lunchtime from Monday onwards I reckon (Sat & Sun I wouldn't want to commit to anything).

Second week I think there was some talk of Wednesday...was there another thread?
snow report
Open invite Mon 17th for lunch at the FS for snowheads in the area..... and/or any other ideas.!!
snow report
JT, I'll go along with that. snowHead
ski holidays
skanky,

See you there!!

Anymore for anymore...?????
ski holidays
Discounted ski/board rental rates and taxis now on SNOWeSCAPE site (see sig)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy