Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting from Meribel to Val Thorens?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here's a stupid question, but I'm bored and excited about skiing.

I'll be in Meribel over new year, then meeting my uni ski club a week later in VT.

Do I ski from one town to the next? - taking into consideration I'll have a large, heavy rucksack.

Or do I get a bus or taxi or hitch-hike or whatever?

Puzzled Shocked
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fergus, If you can ski with it then you can ski to VT no worries at all Toofy Grin
You're bound to ski CVL and VT during your Meribel week anyway so you can work out best route with rucksack before attempting.
Have a great time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If the rucksac is too heavy then split it and do two trips. Both towns are a long way up their valleys so a taxi ride will be long and costly. You will have already paid for a lift pass.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Did this exact same things last year with my cousin, except he went from VT to Courcheval, he had a large bag and I carried his other pair of skis.

You'll get some looks, but its definitely cheaper than a taxi.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe rope in a few extra people to carry stuff for you. You could buy them a drink when you get there. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fergus, as has been mentioned above: to get from Meribel to Val Thorens you have to go all the way down to Moutiers and up again.
Takes a good hour and a bit, and costs a fortune. See this map.
Ask BernardC - he's expert at this journey Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skiing with a heavy rucksack is a laugh as yopu lose a lot of control in the turns and your stopping distance shoots up
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah, okay dokay, skiing it is.

Spliting it into two journeys would make sense, but I'll need to see how the leaving/arival times work out for the 2 places of accomodation.

Thanks for that map Jonpim,
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fergus, bribe a nice girl in a bar in Meribel to keep an eye on it for you for a couple of hours. You've got a week to work on it. wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, that would be my first port of call but even if you ask the people you just stayed with to just hold it for 3 hours, sure they will be fine
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

even if you ask the people you just stayed with to just hold it for 3 hours, sure they will be fine

if you were a generous tipper and hadn't blocked your wash basin with vomit more than once during the week. wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lol, that's more likely to happen in the second week so I'm all good NehNeh

I'll work something out. thanks.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy