Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Armoured shorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How do...

I'm not much of a regular here; I spend most of my time (wasting) on mountain bike forums, but I am a pretty keen snowboarder - I rode for a month in NZ, and have done 2 weeks in the alps every winter for the last 3 years. I'm confident and quick on all the marked runs (except moguls), and tend to spend most of my time powder hunting and jumping off small things - no full on off-pisting yet, just between pistes. I've never been much into park riding, I prefer going on mini adventures in the trees and in deep powder.

Anyway; i had a massive mountain bike crash in les gets this summer - broke my pelvis in 3 places, fractured my sacrum, 1 rib, a metacarpal in my left hand and tore my rotator cuff... my physio has finally given me the all clear for the snow this winter Laughing, but I am thinking that I should protect myself a little bit more than I have in the past. I have one of these, and a helmet, but my back bottom, hips and coccyx are my big concern now.

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of armoured shorts? I like the look of these Dainese Shorts, but was wondering if there was anything else someone had experience of.

Cheers,
Dave
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alfabus, I got some padded shorts the other year and they helped a lot. The Dainese ones look very similar to the ones I've got, the 661 Bomber Pro but with a different colour scheme.

Because these kinds of shorts are MotoX and MTB-derived they are fairly bulky because of the plastic pads but they do help, especially on the coccyx, to protect you.

If you just want padding and not full-on plastic protection have a look at these. They look a bit more wearable under pants.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

broke my pelvis in 3 places, fractured my sacrum, 1 rib, a metacarpal in my left hand and tore my rotator cuff...

We're so similar...I got myself a paper cut once...hurt like hell...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the Dainese shorts, I use them for both MTB and snowboarding.

They are little restrictive but not too bad, I can even drive in them from where I am staying to the piste no problem.

They do protect me pretty well, and are especially useful when I slum on my @rs in icy conditions. (I did manage to bend my lower spine when without them, hence the purchase)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ive just brought myself some of the RED ones. They fit really well, and are very well protected. They are a bit cheaper than the dainese ones too.
Thumbs up from me
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dirtsurfer gear is designed for mountain boarding so handles snowboarding impacts no problem. I have a pair of shorts, they do the job.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i have the demonsnow ones. they're the foam-based ones with a little more support on the coccyx, but work really well. have prevented a few bruises and are really comfortable - don't really feel them once i'm riding.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wear the Dianese ones and they are fab
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have the padding nature gave me, its ample Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
adamtheyido wrote:
Thumbs up from me

Well, that's one way to hold them in place Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque wrote:
adamtheyido wrote:
Thumbs up from me

Well, that's one way to hold them in place Shocked

If they dont fit, get a smaller pair!! rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque, Is that why some people schuss with their poles held behind their @r3es? Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can anyone recommend a decent pair of armoured shorts?

i've been using these shorts for a few years.
they're not as bulky as the dianesse shorts & are half the price.
they even fit under your existing ski/board pants!
some other brands of impact shorts are bulky & you have to go a size larger for comfort & fit.
these shorts zip into the back protection system aswell if required.
i never board/ski without them.
happy sliding!

here's the link.

http://www.optimumsport.com/product/detail.php?c=8&subc=41&p=113

Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ps. i would advise you take your existing ski/board pants to the shop when going to buy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy