Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which level for childrens classes for ESF

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me, we are skiing next feb half term with our 5 yr old who can ski and we aren't exactly sure whether to book him in to ESF snowflake classes or 1st star classes.

http://uk.youtube.com/v/6mOjlnHgH_o
this shows his ability last skiing holiday, but he has been attending junior ski club at our local dry slope every saturday since sept, and will certainly have improved a bit.
Any suggestions as to which class? Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fizz, what a star! He is fab! Our just turned 4 year old has just started really, a few lessons last year but seems to have got the hang a bit now, and I hope he will be skiing like yours by the end of this season with 2 or hopefully(DH doesn't know yet Toofy Grin) 3 trips snowHead
Why don't you book him in to the Flocon and then let them move him up as they see fit? I think the ESF are quite hot about moving kids around daily according to their progression. I think the risk with booking him striaght into 1st star is that the kids are older and so he may not have as much fun as if the kids were his own age group.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fizz, Stewart Woodward, to be found in the Tignes snow report thread, is an ESF instructor. You could always PM him and ask for his opinion
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fizz, our two did the ESF 1 star classes a couple of years ago when the youngest was about 5. Looking at your son I would think he'll cope with the one star ok. The instructors tend to use the first day to suss out how good the kids really are anyway and then there will often be a bit of juggling around for day 2 for those who aren't quite managing or need more of a challenge so don't worry too much about getting it exactly right.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fizz,

Also ESF have videos of the levels for kids and adults - see :

www.esf.net

Go to Club Piou Piou for the sub 1 Star and Alpine Ski-ing for 1 Star and above.

John
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry that should be " kids " not Alpine Ski-ing on the above website for the 1 Star an dabove levels.

John
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fizz, Great vid. If I had been filming I would have fallen off the edge of the piste to the right!

I would say Flocon as well as he is not doing parallel between snow plough turns on the video, which is the level you get to at the end of Flocon. My youngest is 5 as well and is booked into that class this year. If he has progressed on the dry slope then they will move him up, but as I am a bad, poor technique, lazy skier I cannot tell the difference between Flocon and 1 star vid on ESF site anyway rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy