Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kiddies ski-wear...... all in one or two piece?

Poster: A snowHead
My 3 years old son will be attending ESF Piou Piou club during our holiday and I'm wondering if (for ease of toilet visits) it would be better to have an all in one suit or pants and jacket? He is more than capable of taking himself to the loo, but in unfamiliar surroundings and multi-layered clothing, what would be best. First time in ski-school and I don't want him to have any added concerns. Am I thinking about this too much?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Avago, No, I don't think you're thinking too much. Bless him. It's hard enough for adults! From the point of view of loo visits, I'd say two-piece. But kids two pieces generally have salopettes, so he'll still have to take his jacket off first. Less likely to dangle the sleeves in the loo or on a soaking wet floor than rolling down a one-piece, though.

Maybe a practice run or two beforehand? I guess the ESF people will be pretty used to it - I found it quite a struggle with my grand-daughter, who was 2 and needed some help. You need four hands.

A well organised loo in a place for kids would have nice low-down coat hooks. You never know your luck. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, if they go in and out several times in the day, then maybe a two piece better? Our youngest was five when he first skied and I remember thinking a one piece would be better because he feels the cold. On reflection, I don't think there is much in it. Good jackets have decent snowskirts and good salopettes have an extra panel (particularly at the back) where the braces join.
Sounds like he will have help though which is great. I often wonder how many kids have trouble with wees when they are in ski school and the instructors cannot take them the loo Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avago, Most kindergartens will have a loo in the garden anyway. 1 piece is much warmer for them. As he's a boy there shouldn't be any problems during the lessons should there - they unzip at the front. Is he really 3 now??? Wow! Time flies. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1 peice - no chance of snow down the back
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A two piece has the advantage that you don't need to buy them another separate winter jacket. And with sallies, not that much chance of snow down the back.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, A few practise runs would definately be a good idea - why is it that when you start worrying about stuff, you forget practical thinking. Thanks for your advice.

easiski, Yes, 3 already. A visit to you later in the season might be on the cards if he gets on alright at Christmas! Being in ESF should give me & Mr Avago some time to practise! Thanks for garden loo heads up. Hope you're well?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When my youngest was little I got him a great little suit from Tchibo. It was a two piece but you could zip it together to make an all in one when it was very cold. That was a few years ago now though so I don't know if they still have that style.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
totally recommend the Tchibo stuff if you can get it ...
It is really cheap, REALLY good quality.

It is trousers and a jacket with a zip around the waist - so basically joins together a bit like bike leathers....

We had them for our 2 and they were fab... good coat for wearing all the time and just put on the trousers - zipping them onto the coat if chilly, not if not !
(Although my children are skinny we had to zip them together to keep the trousers up if they were doing anything too active!!)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
loveski,
Quote:

Although my children are skinny we had to zip them together to keep the trousers up

Shocked Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can just picture a desperate 3 year old hopping from foot to foot whilst tugging at the zip Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ickabodblue, how long did I take to reply!! Your reply wasn't there when I started....
(I blame Have I got News for You)

We had the Tchibo ones last year - so they are still about....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
loveski, Laughing Have I Got News For You was quite good tonight wasn't it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Was in Tchibo today, didn't see suits you describe. I was very impressed with the ski gear they did have though, particularly the soft shell jackets.
They are offering 20% off everything this weekend Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ickabodblue, loveski, Thanks, will look into Tchibo gear.
latest report
Lou, Not the Children ... Now THAT WOULD BE FUNNY ......
ski holidays
ickabodblue, yes - love it .... and QI ....
ski holidays
haha! I remember panicking about this very thing. Such was my indecision on the child's first trip I took both Confused All in one was the child's favourite (no problems at all with the toilet issue!), but the zip broke on day 4. So, we've gone for separates since.
snow conditions
We have two boys and they have both found it easier with two piece suits. Only need to unzip the jacket and trousers without taking everything off (as long as we're only talking about a wee?) Very Happy May need a bit of 'tucking-in' (of clothing) afterwards Very Happy
ski holidays
Two piece - no contest. Way easier and more adaptable.
snow report
I got my kids a Columbia two piece from Ebay, it had good high sallies so was OK from the snow up the back perspective, but being like that meant the coat had to be removed to take them down. Where they scored was that the inside leg seam up and under the crotch and down the other inside seam was a zip, so if you were helping with the loo trip yourself you just needed to unzip the zip and hold the sallies up in the air for the child to have access to the necessary equipment to do toilet stuff.

It was a good suit, was bright yellow, did both kids, I bought it 2nd hand for £18 and sold it back on ebay after about 3 yrs use for £22 Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy