Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking to Instruct at Xmas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I'm BASI 3 and also have my Austrian Anwarter Level license and I'd like to do some snow teaching over the Xmas and New Year. Has anyone got any ideas of where I should start looking?

I've looked at the BASI site and contacted Interski but are there any other options? Preferences would be Switzerland, Austria and Italy.

Thanks

rossi.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roosi, you could try any of the major Austrian resorts, but my son said that he was better off washing dishes than working for the ski school in St Anton!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really? What do they pay?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi David(s), thanks for your reply, I've sent an email to the Tyrol Snow Sports body and I hope that they have a way of contacting the schools, otherwise I'll contract them directly.

Why was the school in St Anton so bad?

In 2002, I think that my take home pay in my ski school was about 700 euros per month, after deductions for acomodation and tax etc.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rossi, I had a friend who worked in St Anton and he was paid about half what Austrians with similat qualifications were paid. What are your languages?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi easiski, basic French and German. Not very good but my German was good anough for my Austrian license.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From what I've heard St Anton is the most protectionist of all the resorts and for as long as they could they banned anyone but locals from teaching or guiding (and they really did crack down on anyone seeming to lead a group, especially off piste.)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rossi, try Switzerland, a couple of years ago the ski school in Wengen were happy to take unqualified skiers on to instruct after a basic course, many of their ski schools have e-mail addresses you could try
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from St Anton where I was teaching over the Xmas and New Year and I thought I'd send some feedback. Overall, my impression of the school was good, the application process was painless, they arranged good quality accomodation, lift pass etc and actually teaching the guests was straightforward. Having some German certainly helped though I taught in English. The school was very large, over 400 instructors, and had about 60-70 Dutch, about 10 British, some others including Kiwis, Aussies and then the rest being mainly Austrian. Now the two St Anton schools are combined. Snow conditions were very good with only a few bare patches though rain at the end of the week may have changed things. I'd go back again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy