Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edge popped out - skis dead?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On my last run today I nearly wiped out on a very steep piste, just managed to hold it together. Once I’d stopped I looked at my ski, as all experts do after a wobble as clearly it’s down to the tools and not the skier. Well in this case it was. One edge had come out from the ski for around 30cms in length under the binding. There’s no obvious sign of impact on the edge or base, I don’t remember hitting or snagging on any hard objects. The edge does push back in but using a screwdriver I can push it back out. I’m not too keen to ski on the skis now, Rossignols R9S 165cm, 2006.

What chance is there of repair?
Worth emailing Rossignol customer service for repair / replacement?
As now obvious impact damage could I argue it’s a manufacturing fault?

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Waynos, I did a similar thing a couple of years ago in Soll (penulyimate day). The local ski shop condemed them immediately, but agreed to try and fix them. Worked fine for about an hour, then the edge popped again. When I took them back to the repairer he didn't seem surprised to seem me, and was kind enough to sell me a new pair of Volkl.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really depends on the age of the ski and the use history. My foam core B2's delaminated after 10 weeks sking and as it was down to 3 years use I never even had a reply from the UK Rossi contact. I'd put it down to wear if you've had them for a couple of years.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 1-01-09 22:01; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you fancy having a go yourself, this is how its done http://www.telemarktips.com/BaseRepair.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
waynos, How many weeks ski-ing on the skis? How many grinds? You may have a valid claim that the have a fault.
Calling the manufacturer wont do any harm. Certainly dont try any fancy repair until you have tried that.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
On the other hand if they've been thrashed they are probably beyond econimical repair. Time for a new set?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
waynos, I've seen this a number of times on Rossi's when there's no other apparent damage & would agree that it's probably a delam/quality issue. The edge can be bonded back in but if the core is problem then it would be a weak bond so it's likely to be new skis time (Cool). The chance of getting replacements off Rossi are very slim but it would help if you still had the purchase receipt etc. What I'd recommend that you could push Rossi for would be to be able to buy replacement skis in the flat only so that you can re-use your exxisting bindings which are a significant proportion of the overall cost.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated. FYI I'd estimate I've done 8 weeks on these skis in last couple of seasons. Had a ski shop look at them today and they were of the view that there was no sign of impact so contact rossignol. spyderjon, Don't think I've a receipt but will check, good idea about getting replacement without bindings. Took out some older Salomon 3Vs today, felt lifeless and edgeless in the hard packed conditions in comparison the rossignols - god I missed 'em. Not sure I want to risk a repair as if they pop out again at the wrong moment who knows what might happen.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
waynos, you know you want to buy a new pair wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy