Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New ski equipment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,
I am going to buy ski equipment for the first time in my life, i have been renting for the last 9 years,
the reason i am buying is because I am going to spend the season in chamonix.
if someone can recomend me on some skies, iam 179 cm tall and in medium level,
i can do reds pretty easliy but i want to explore more off piste this time, so i need some kind of all mountian skies,
also should i buy new or used?
thanks
gal.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are literally millions of all mountain skis to choose from. Not helping much am I, but it's true.
I'd buy new if they're going to be used all season. If you want to save some money, buy last year's models. I wouldn't bother with used skis personally, not worth the hassle when there are plenty of great new ski deals around.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rosengal, welcome to snowHead

Plural of ski is skis. Skies make them something above all of us apart from Whitegold (him being god).

If you're spending the season in Chamonix don't worry about buying straight away. Go and befriend your local shop and tell them your plan. They should let you rent for a week or so to find your legs and then let you test some different skis so you can decide what it right for you.

Do you have boots yet? If not go and see smallzookeeper (another member here), he's the best boot fitter in the world and based in Chamonix - he'll hook you up good.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thank's and sorry for my bad english
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rosengal, sorry, I wasn't being mean! I have trouble with plurals in other languages too.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome to snowheads rosengal,

If you have transport and find some skis you like I would recommend a shop in Frontnex for internet prices where you can actually see and compare the skis in question in the flesh.

The website is http://stores.ebay.fr/EKOSPORT-SKI-SNOWBOARD-VTT-TENNIS

I have bought there and find the staff helpful and there is a pretty good range.

There is nothing to say, though, that it is the best deal around especially if you get discounts through friends or your company etc

Good luck and have fun, buying ski gear is almost as good as using it in my opinion!!

Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy