Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen/grindelwald advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi, could anyone advise on whether this would be a good choice at New Year?

Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wengen would be a wonderful place to get away from it all. No cars, breathtaking scenery. Smile Depends what your after, not really for party animals. No one knows how much snow they will have, I hope plenty as I will be there 2 weeks earlier. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went there last Christmas and hated it. There is not a lot of skiing up in the sunshine, and to go any distance, you have to dive off into cold and not very pleasant valleys. The lifts are slow, crowded and the trains are ridiculous. I might be charming, but as one who uses the term "traditional" as a term of abuse, not for me.

Not wanting to be awkward. I know many love the place, but it was of little appeal in our book.

snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll let you know, I'll be there over New Year, although we're down in Interlaken and travelling up to the areas daily. I am sure the car free Wengen would be a far cry from where we'll be.

A friend went up to Lauterbrunnen a couple of years ago, they liked that as a base mainly so they could easily get to Murren as well.

Heres praying to the snow gods!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boo22, You could be pushed to find any accommodation still left over New Year
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I love the area, but would expect it to be very busy at new year.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris Bish wrote:
I might be charming

but if you get him on a bad day ..... rolling eyes

Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I hate it there, snowboarders all over the place and the rental shop staff are rude.

Xmas/NYE are way too busy. After the 2nd or 3rd of jan until before the race is better to come. Or come before xmas and run away by the 22nd/23rd.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hi, thanks for the replies Smile

we have seen available accomodation (package) for a fortnight. My OH went many years ago and has fond memories of the place. We have been to Alpe d'huez, Tignes (we loved the grande motte glacier), La Tania, Vail, and are aspiring (mostly hopeful!) intermediates -mostly cruisy reds at the mo. our previous trips have been chalet accomodation (and preferably with a hot tub Cool , so a hotel would be slightly different. i'm a bit unsure if it would be snow sure at that time of year and how the skiing would compare, and nY celebrations and possibly some instruction
i'm also checking out some independant chalets in france (la rosiere, chatel and poss chamonix) though i think the flights might make this a bit more expensive...
Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boo22, something has got lost in translation in stab's post.

Quote:
I hate it there

I live there.

Quote:
snowboarders all over the place

That would be me and my mates.

Quote:
rental shop staff are rude

Guess where I work.

Honestly! Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Bish is right regarding sun around xmas. Since there is a wall 4000 meters high just south of the resort, around the shortest day you won't be skiing in floodlight all day long. Later in the season the sun comes out pretty quick starting at the Gondola.

On the other hand... scenery and atmosfere are just awesome..

Wengens area (shared with Grindelwald) is mostly east facing, and a bit of north.

Grindelwalds own First area is pretty much all southfacing, and a bit further from the 4000meter wall, so gets more sun early in the season.

maggi Toofy Grin snowHead snowHead

Elizabeth B, It was very busy last year, a weak earlier was almost deserted and fabulous snow (honegg artificial that was soft enough to mogul up like mad, awesome!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy