Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm going to Meribel in 2 weeks and need a lift pass (3V) and ski/boot hire. Would be grateful for advice on this? Is it better to prebook? Are the queues for lift pass offices busy? Any recommendations for hire shops (staying in Meribel centre - Mussillon)?

Also any other tips/advice on Meribel from others who have been there greatly received!

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you booked with a TO? If you are, you might find they are still willing to book you this stuff at brochure prices. Since the pound has bombed against the Euro you might be able to save by adding gear hire and lift passes to your original booking. You are unlikely to be able to save by buying in resort.

snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ragski, have a look at this thread.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi. http://www.meribel-alpina.com/achatenligne/en/ is the website for the Meribel lift company, they sell passes that cover the whole of the 3V. We bought them online couple of years ago and just chose where to pick them up, when we arrived they where waiting in envelopes at our chosen place, the small hut in the middle of the Chaudanne. Since then we just revalidate them online and the passes we have are then valid for the day you book them to go live for. We're off there in a couple of weeks and don't see the Euro changing much between now and then.
Most tour operators will sort it all for you for no additional cost so they're ready at your breakfast on your first day too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi there

I'm just back from my holidays so I thought I would answer my own questions for others!

Firstly, probably best to get the lift pass via the TO. Its the same price whereever you get it and they will be able to deliver it to your accommodation the night before. As for ski hire, its probably cheaper to book this through the TO as well. As far as I could tell prices in all hire shops in Meribel were identical! - we couldn't get any more discount than that offered by the TO.

Hope this is helpful.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy