Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: 3 days, 2 countries, 2 new friends (photos from Verbier and Cervinia)

Poster: A snowHead
They said that the Earth was flat. They said that man couldn't fly. They said that the foehn melted all the snow.

Well, here's some proof that statements 1 and 3 are false. I'll deal with no. 2 later in the season...

This TR would not have been possible without the hospitality extended by parlor and his wife, who hosted us in their chalet, cooked yummy food, and skied with me. (My wife is now bugging me to make more money and more friends so we can book the whole place and go back to Verbier).

Even more importantly, this TR would have been boring save for parlor's exceptional photo skills. He managed to make my poor beginning-of-the-season skiing look like something halfway decent. (He's still better when telemarking than I am when alpine skiing...)

Parlor hovers in a helicopter to take this shot:

Then climbs a nearby mountain to get the wideangle view:

He points me to an untracked area:

He can wait until sunset for the right shot:

I'm proud to have second tracks of the season in this gulley:

(Here's a more general view)

No one else to take photos in Cervinia, so I'm behind the camera now:

I meet a group of three Romanians and they show me a nice area...it needed 5 minutes of walking out and the Italians are lazy so all the tracks (spot them) are ours:
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No one like you new continentals who've turned your backs on the joy that is England in the rain. I suggets you take your stoke elsewhere.

Not bad for a loosener then?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blimey, that's good for early November!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was going to say sweet photos! But thought better of it. Pleasure to meet you & the wife. Hoping to ski more later in the season...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks pretty thin and crappy, I bet the pictures dont tell the whole story.

Dont think Ill be rushing out on the w/e
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nixmap wrote:
Looks pretty thin and crappy, I bet the pictures dont tell the whole story.

Dont think Ill be rushing out on the w/e

Yeah, it was really bad. Don't rush out. Ever.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nice shots..... And happy to know that you also can start the season in good conditions
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Best looking November I have seen in a while, nice work Cool
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wow - that looks like it really sucked wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nixmap, your glass half empty or half full?

looks ace Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd say pics 3 and 4 tell a pretty good story for early Nov... you could have been looking at everything being green... Puzzled Puzzled

Good effort
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
horizon , your invitation is still ringing in my ears - wish I could have come, it looks great.

Looking forward to March - but I've got Chamonix and Jackson Hole before that. How about you - anything else planned?

Edit:
How about puting a few of your photos in for the calendar?
Particularly this for the cover which has the wow-factor (I thought Costin took it - I remember two people took out their cameras - but you said it was you):

I lightened it selectively to look better on the printed page -( though this is a low-res version for the screen)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great pictures, great effort....good on you! Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
horizon, Really glad you had such a good time. Photos look great. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Thanks everyone Toofy Grin nixmap, thin cover beats not skiing!

snowball, I'll check again to see who took that photo - filename and EXIF info should make it clear unless Costin and I swapped cameras at some point. It should go in anyway, I'm sure Costin would agree.

By the way, easiski and snowball, did you know that mrs horizon has a photo in the October issue of Ski+Board? (a photo of her skiing...in Greenwich). I'll have to up my game a lot until I beat that...
snow report
Snowball, is that the instructors couloir, Valdisere ?
snow report
norris, if you mean the Pisteur's Couloir, no, it wasn't as far round as that, nore as long and spectacular to ski. However if you meant that name then it could be, I don't know which that is. You don't need to do the long slog you have to do for the Pisteur's, you can just get there with a long traverse from the top of the Charvet lift.
Mind you my favourite is the Face du Charvet - a huge descent with only a tiny bit of walking.
ski holidays
norris, snowball, I think that our guide called it the Instructors' Couloir.
ski holidays
OK, sorted.

Costin did the Face du Charvet on his next visit and said it was the best slope he did. I imagine the snow was no good when we went (well, 99% of all the snow was no good!)
ski holidays
snowball, horizon,

yes thats the one - never done it myself as don't fancy that heelside traverse on a snowboard Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
norris, Don't doubt it....from the pic, it doesn't look a doddle on skis ..
snow conditions
Think there have been alot of accidents there over the years!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy