Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Lord-What size please help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've narrowed down my choice of skis to Salomon Lords, but stuck on whether to get a size 177 or a 185. I've been on blades for a while after previously using skis a fair few years ago. I'm 6'2" and weigh about 13 and a half stone, i would consider myself an advanced skier who likes a bit of everything, on piste, off piste and maybe a crack on the park, although not so often. I've sought advice on this 2 or 3 times but get differing answers which has only made me more unsure on what size to purchase. A 177 comes to just about eye level and a 185 to just about the top of my forehead. I wouldn't say my skiing style was particularly aggresive but i do like a bit of high speed action from time to time! I was also told a 185 would feel more like a shorter ski on piste because of its smaller contact area due to the rocker technology. Is there a way to make my choice of ski size easier to decide or am i looking way to hard into it?! Please help!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jonster500, 185 - apparently you go 10cm bigger because of the Rocker, otherwise you'll feel like you're on your blades again. Laughing This is only what I have been told, as am interested in buying the Lady, so I am no expert !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
*IncogSkiSno*, Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderman, Laughing have you seen a set yet ?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1057103#1057103
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
*IncogSkiSno* wrote:
Spyderman, Laughing have you seen a set yet ?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1057103#1057103

No, would you like a pair?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, very possibly, but I would like to try them, before I decide Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Difficult question jonster, maybe if you're used to blades the 177 would be better?! Certainly the "rocker" on the lord/lady is really marketing by Salomon, it's totally minimal and nothing compared to say a Hellbent/Pollard Pro style setup (I've personally skiied all of those) and I seemed to find them a bit gimmicky in this respect. The other thing to consider is that if you like to "have a go" in the park then the 185 would surely be the one to go for as it will give you the length you'll need for a bit of stability on landing, but as with many things this really is a personal view, have you tried then out, I hear Ellis are testing at the snowdomes?? Personally if you fancy a bit of Rocker action now try the Slap MV's.....mmnnnnnn ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy