Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scandi snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Could Norway be offering some early season uplift ? Can I buy a last minute easyjet return from Prestwick to the nearest airport for less than £50 ? Can I hitch a lift to Bjorli and pitch my winter tent just here ? Can I get the weekend off work ? Should I just sell my house for peanuts, pack in my job, leave my family and go become a middle-aged ski bum ?

http://www.bjorliskisenter.no/webcam/bjorli.jpg

Just in case it's all melted by the morning Smile

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
More Scandanavian snow, this time Levi Fell in Finland. There was none at the weekend, so this must be very recent. It doesn't usually shift there once it's started so it'll probably be white over until May !

http://www.levikeskus.fi/web_kamera/livecam3.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Levi snow is very recent Wink It's snowing upthere for last 2 days. Before there was just about 2km xc track in Yllas from last year's snow they saved for early opening, but if it will continue like this, they will have opening of alpine tracks pretty soon too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was just admiring the webcams earlier! I'm going to levi on the 10th Jan, and after last year when I went away at the end of Jan to Romania and it rained!! I can hardly contain my excitement at seeing snow already!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seahorse - check out the Levi webcam today. Make a note of the clear blue sky as you won't be seeing that in January !! You won't be having a problem with rain though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ruka ski centre in Finland is open. Two pistes are functioning. http://www.ruka.fi/winter_eng/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had an email from Levi's tourist information centre today saying that the main slope and some of it's lifts are opening on Friday.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's some photos at http://homeboyski.com/2009/10/14/its-on-the-winter-has-starte/ from Finns skiing near Rovaniemi (south of Levi Fell) and skiing in Ramundberget, Sweden.. http://www.vapaalasku.com/resources/userfiles/Image/a%20lungen%20jura/sutokaape.jpg thats from Daltinden, Norway a week ago.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The five leading Finnish ski centres are in trouble as personnel is going on strike. According the Levi management, the WC event is not under threat, but speculation on the impact continues.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
demos - where did you read that about the strike ? What are they striking over ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Because of cold temperatures and lack of daylight Razz Seriously... it's about money, just as normally strikes are about. For now it's not clear yet if WC in Levi could also be under threat or not. In worse case, races could be canceled. Strike went on yesterday afternoon and ended today morning, so basically only course preparation didn't work, but this was just warning. If they won't get agreement, all personel in Levi, Ruka, Vuokatti, Tahko and Pyhätunturi will go on strike next Friday. If this really happens, I don't see much chances for Levi races to be held.
PS: It's not really big international news, so it's mainly all over Finnish newspapers.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy