Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon 1080s.....any good

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Haven't ever skied on twin tips but have been out into deeper stuff on 50 /50 skis ( rossi b2 and B78s ). I'm mulling over a pair of 1080s - added bonus of something to play in park on.
Any differences between 1080 Gun and originals?

all opinions +ve and -ve needed
Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i've been on the originals

these ones

and wasn't impressed. skis have moved on now. they were too light and very soft so no good anywhere on the hill apart from the park. unless you're planning on skiing switch quite a lot then i don't see the point in twin tips. It's like a fad, more than a necessity. You'd be best of looking at newer models than the ones above and maybe something with a wood core if you're planning on using them all over the hill. They never had any power in them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have the 1080 foils - and they are quite good in soft stuff in trees - not ideal if you want to do big freeride turns or for being on piste. Ok as part of a quiver. Probably will not use them this year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
have been skiing on them for the last 5? seasons and really love them. Depends what you want out of a ski but they seem to be easy to get on with in a wide range of conditions, easy to carve on piste and live with in wet, cr*ppy stuff. I was amazed at how much fun i have found them in fresh snow.

With havihng 2 kids, totally lost the plot with how they relate to current models/alternatives but they perform well and the edges/bases have tons of life left in them too so very pleased.

hope that helps,
David
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly, No you havent the originals where Yellow and black back in 1998 the worlds first twin tip wow so long ago. If I was buying now I would look at the suspect which is an amazing ski and last years 1080 with the monkey on it is quite handy in all conditions

I would also check out K2 public enemys love that ski
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy