Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Childcare In Morzine - Any experience/ recommendations please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

New to this forum and looking for advice!

We are a group of 9 family and friends who have skied together for a number of years and are heading to Morzine on 14th March 2009, taking children with us for the first time.

We are booked to stay at L'Aplin Lodge chalet which is due to open in December and is run by The Mountain Lodge Company who already have another chalet in the resort, Les 4 Vents. Does anybody have any experience of them?

The children coming with us will be 6 and 11 months when we go. Are there any recommendations on which ski school would be best for the 6 year old (she has never skied before). And any recommendations on any of the childcare companies in Morzine and whether we would be better off using one of the English run nanny services Cheeky Monkeys or Jack Frosts of the local creche. We are only looking for childcare in the mornings and possibly 1 full day as we'll spend time with him in the afternoons.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not being a "child owner" I am hideously unqualified to comment...

...but since when did that stop me...

Friends have used Cheeky Monkeys and were very pleased. But book now - good childcare in Morzine is rarer than rocking horse ....

I don't know anyone who has used the local creche, but I'd imagine that it's good. The French seem to do childcare. But your child will need certificates for all the jabs they want.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
George06, Childcare I will agree with
PhillipStanton,
Quote:
But book now - good childcare in Morzine is rarer than rocking horse ....

Cheeky Monkeys and Jack Frosts are both good but they don't come cheap. The local creche L'Outa is excellent and very reasonable.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the responses.

I have got quotes from Cheeky Monkeys and Jack Frosts and they are quite expensive even with just the half days we want. Am considering L'Outa as my little boy will be used to a day nursery environment as he'll be in daycare a few days a week when i'm back at work in Jan. Sad

Do they have English speaking staff at L'Outa (i'm assuming yes as they have an English and a French webpage) and is it like a day nursery as we have in the UK?

Thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy