Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Seasons.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any ideas for companies that do the leg work? I was all for Planet Sub Zero until I noticed the negative comments on their facebook group! Also seems like Alpine Elements don't do that stuff anymore Sad

Pretty keen for Trois Vallees (Corchevel or Meribel).. Is there anyone out there still facilitating chalet lets?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nks, I can help if you fancy Morzine!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd understood that PS0 had gone titsup

I'd suggest you have a look at http://www.natives.co.uk/travel/lets/private.htm#3V if you want your own place and http://www.natives.co.uk/travel/lets/share.htm#3v if you want to share

You'll be doing well to get a chalet however unless you are an oligarch - figure typical french shoebox apartment is more likely. Assuming you're not working (as most TO's provide accomodation) then I'd suggest 3v (VT), Tignes and Morzine probably have the biggest 'scene' although obvoiusly ski-bums will be all over the place, and I for one will be in peisey-vallandry.

Cheers

bb
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.seasonaires.com/

Never used them but might be of interest?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bertie bassett wrote:
I'd understood that PS0 had gone titsup

Yup that's what I found after checking out the various facebook groups but it's not the impression from their website Sad

bertie bassett wrote:
I'd suggest you have a look at http://www.natives.co.uk/travel/lets/private.htm#3V if you want your own place and http://www.natives.co.uk/travel/lets/share.htm#3v if you want to share

Aye, I've had a look at Natives - not the same as having it all done for you though! Not going to be doing a season until 09/10 anyway .. of course I meant sharing a chalet not paying it for myself Smile

Cheers,
Neil.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nks wrote:

Aye, I've had a look at Natives - not the same as having it all done for you though! Not going to be doing a season until 09/10 anyway .. of course I meant sharing a chalet not paying it for myself Smile

Cheers,
Neil.

Neil - if you're working for a bar or a TO they provide accomodation and if the latter then transport, plus uniform and often kit hire and some form of lift pass.

If you're doing a season on your own - natiives sort the accommodation which is the hardest bit (IMHO) to do. To get there load up the wagon and drive /car share/train or book a cheep mid-week flight and transfer or look to train transfer once in the country.

I don't really understand your comment about having it all done for you - there's nothing else to do apart from lift-pass, insurance and kit and apart from insurance the rest can be sorted out in resort. If you can't cook then go on a course - again natives do one aimed at chalet hosts which would be a good life skill even if you end up catering just for the people you are sharing with.

Part of the fun of doing a season is the learning experience that goes with it and the freedom to not live by others 'rules' be they univ/family/work or whatever. However the other side of that coin is that unless you get out and do stuff there won't be anyone kicking your butt for not doing it. Oh and there's a great thread on the joys of seasoning written by Johnnyboy.

Enjoy whatever you end up doing...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi, no I am not planning to work. I'll have another look at Natives , as obviously I've missed something on my brief look at that part of their site. As regards cooking?! Ouch! I've been told I am a good cook! Thai, Indian or trad English I can do it all. Just not a fan of washing up afterwards.. Smile

Cheers,
Neil.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nks wrote:
Hi, no I am not planning to work. I'll have another look at Natives , as obviously I've missed something on my brief look at that part of their site. As regards cooking?! Ouch! I've been told I am a good cook! Thai, Indian or trad English I can do it all. Just not a fan of washing up afterwards.. Smile

Cheers,
Neil.

If it's sharers that you want to find then make sure you look at the 'sharer' bit on my post above.

I'm sure most people would be happy to let you cook for them in exchange for washing up..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy