Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best way to do a cheap weekend break?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I want to organise a long weekend ski break with my girlfriend, and just wanted some advice as to the best way to do it cheaply-have any of you guys done it/any good websites etc?

Cheers,

Chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
First book the flights. They rapidly increase in price as you get closer. Book car hire (or transfer), then identify the resort /area.
At that point look for cheap accommodation. Outside peak weeks you should be able to find apartment owners who will let for weekends wink through various websites (www.holiday rentals.co.uk, www.ownersdirect.co.uk, etc., various local sites or agencies).
Voila.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HI Chris

Have a look through this thread - http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43374&start=0 although the requirements are a little different to yours, then principles are exactly the same. In particular on page

There's also a couple of books on the subject- white weekends and Ski Weekends

There's some obvious resorts that suit these kind of trips. Look at skyscanner to see what places you can fly to easily. Geneva and Turin are 2 obvious gateways. Lyon is another

We did a 5 day trip to Morzine for £350 each excl lift pass but including hire cars, accommodation, flights incl taxes and kit charges, apres beers and evening meals.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This thread has some good ideas too.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43539#1051371
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris_5000, have you an idea of where you want to go? Transfers can be one of the more expensive parts of a weekend away, so worth thinking very carefully about which airport offers you the most resorts with easy transport links.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for your replies guys....

bertie bassett, that sounds like a pretty good deal, I'm on a pretty tight budget as I'm a student, so just wana do it as cheap as possible really....not too bothered about where we stay etc. but would just like to get away for a few days skiing....

Any other thoughts will be appreciated.

Chris
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris_5000, have you looked at ski weekends - I have been with them 8 or 9 times from when they were a baby company going to one resort to now when they travel to six. Its fantastic value if a little difficult on the legs as the cheapest option is to go by coach. Currently they have offers of £179 for a weekend of three days skiing. Plus you get to ski some of the best resorts in the alps for very little. The organisation is great and the hotels are good value. Heres the link http://www.skiweekends.com/index.aspx

If you go with this option- def take some spirits or wine for the coach / sleeping pills and a comfortable cushion / head rest and you'll be snoring in no time Little Angel
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris_5000, have you looked at ski weekends - I have been with them 8 or 9 times from when they were a baby company going to one resort to now when they travel to six. Its fantastic value if a little difficult on the legs as the cheapest option is to go by coach. Currently they have offers of £179 for a weekend of three days skiing. Plus you get to ski some of the best resorts in the alps for very little. The organisation is great and the hotels are good value. Heres the link http://www.skiweekends.com/index.aspx

If you go with this option- def take some spirits or wine for the coach / sleeping pills and a comfortable cushion / head rest and you'll be snoring in no time Little Angel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris_5000, Depending on where you want to go look in to getting the bus from airport to resort especially if flying in to Geneva.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We are doing any day arrival 3, 6 and 9 day breaks throughout the season in Les Coches. Prices are £99 in low season, £119 mid season, and £139 high season for three nights with a supplement of £30 per night for a Friday and Saturday. We offer evening Geneva transfers at £12.50 each way to make sure you get three full days on the hill. See http://www.mountainsunltd.com/short_breaks/view/short-break for details.

We had an agent at the ski show last week telling us we wouldn't be able to do transfers at that price and we'd have to give it up! I think we'll decide thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ryan air have a sale on at the moment £44 return to Barcelona incl taxes and baggage fee
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy