Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does a cold Halloween mean a cold snowy winter? Probably not.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Netweather is a site for Weatherheads.

They have a thread The very cold Halloween of 1934

Disappointingly, Mr Data posts: "The last day of October 1934 was so cold that it shaved 0.3C off the CET to leave it 10.6C. It was the coldest October day CETwise of the 20th century. The following winter was however one of the mildest on record with a record breaking mild December"
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for this cheery news Sad Sad Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonpim, Glad you researched that and bought it to our attention Sad Sad
But as you know - weather is completely unpredictable - past behaviour is no indicator or future events" wink

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 31-10-08 14:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good grief! You pessimistic gloomy lot.
I expected replies more like: "What a load of tosh - weather is completely unpredictable - past behaviour is no indicator or future events"
Lighten up guys.
Maybe this will help: Long Range Weather Forecast.
I always reckon if its raining here then its raining in the alps: and there is predicted 112% Percentage rainfall against average for February 2009
So could be a great end to the season. snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim, what a load of tosh - weather is completely unpredictable wink

I don't care what the weather does here (although I would like it to piddle down tonight to deter tick or treaters) - just keep the snow falling in the resorts
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What a load of tosh - weather is completely unpredictable - past behaviour is no indicator of future events Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for being negative Confused
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim wrote:
predicted 112% Percentage rainfall against average for February 2009
So could be a great end to the season. snowHead

Hopefully the season isn't finishing in Feb 2009!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, I suspect you are just being naughty
The ski season will finish as usual in May
But for the less well informed, its the snow in February (and March) that keeps the base healthy
So the great dumps of April have something to lie on
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonpim, we don't want cold, we want cool and wet. Cold often equate swith dry. Dry correlates strongly with a lack of snow. Anyway, no-one knows, the models are inadequate, you can't tell,..just wait and see.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Its going to be a great season snowHead I have usually been lucky with fresh snow on the days before arrival & blues skies during the week.
Only Austria let me mid Jan 2007 let me down for snow Sad but can't complain at as I got a £99 lastminute deal less £60 for booking on line from Crystal - flights, transfer & chalet board at Itter & there was some skiing on top of the Ski Welt, best thing I met a whole bunch of other cheap skates & we had a great time. Very Happy
Last season was perfect with lots of snow at St Anton early on, fresh snow in the 3V new year, escaped to North America for the snow drowt in Feb and still plenty of snow at Verbier at the end of season. So follow me to Switzerland pre-Xmas, Ischgl at new year, 3V Jan, Canada Feb, Colorado Mar & Zurs for end of the season. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've only ever once had a really bad snow year. That was Andorra in 1999 I think. They had tried hard with snowmaking and it was just about possible to ski down to the resort on a thin stripe of artifical white with brown either side. About half of the lifts/runs were closed. But I still had a great week...

Last season in Kitzbühel, there was no snow at all at resort level but it snowed most nights and we were treated to fresh powder in the mornings up at the top, but by afternoon this was mostly slush. There was one day when it rained at all levels the temperature was so high. A very strange experience, the snow was very slow, we were absolutely wet through, but very warm!

Anyway, one thing I have learned from weather forecasting is that they have no idea until it gets to a few days beforehand. Yes weather does follow patterns to a certain extent but there are many influencing factors. The WTSS book has an interesting chapter about weather patterns and statistics. Apparently, apart from one great season, the 60s were a poor season for European snowfall, yet the 70s and 80s were largely great. Then the 90s not so good. So far the 'naughties' has seen a return to better seasons than either the 90s or even 60s average. Global warming? Not here thanks...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I hope all this is not a false dawn and we are in for another bumper start to the season.
If this is all part of global warming..I like the sound of it...Laughing

watching and waiting
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy