Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

9 spare places on a group Ski Trip to Courchevel 1850!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone!

I'm organising a group trip to Courchevel 1850 from 13th-20th December '08.

I have booked a chalet for 20 people and have 9 places left as most of the people are lacking funds this year. It is a really nice bunch of people coming, we are all music students aged between 20-35, we're all mixed abilities as well so you wouldn't feel left out if you were a beginner or advanced skier.

The chalet is fully catered and only 200m from the slopes which is always a bonus!

The overall price for flights (from Gatwick) transfers and 7 nights fully catered accommodation is a mere £308!

Ski passes vary, if you want just a Courchevel Valley pass it's £95 for 6 days otherwise you can get the full Les Trois Vallées pass which is about £112 for 6 days but obviously exchange rates do vary a little.

So without Ski School or Equipment hire it only costs around £400!

Ski School is optional, quite a few of us won't be doing it but the beginners will be, I've organised to have lessons with ESF 1850 and they charge £85 for 5 half day classes which is brilliant!

Ski/board and boot hire also comes at the low price of £89 for the week!

So the overall price if you include ski school and equipment hire is no more than approx. £580!

If you are interested please let me know no later than Thursday this week as the first payment is unfortunately due near enough immediately, which is for the accommodation, flights etc. of £308.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks

Dani
Shock)

[/b]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads danikin87, snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads danikin87, that looks a very good price! snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
danikin87, all the best in filling the spaces, sounds like a good price for 1850, alas I'm already booked for Italy in February.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome..

What's the name of the chalet and who is the tour operator (or TO as known as on here)

Might make a difference for some people..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey thanks for all the interest!

The chalet is called chalet catina, I know it's not the swankiest of chalets but it's still in a brilliant location and much cheaper than the others plus all rooms are ensuite with balconys and there is also an apres ski bar downstaors apparently.

I've booked it through Iglu.com however I'm sort of the tour leader as it was my job to organise the ski trip this year in my student union!

If anyone is interested in coming along don;t hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Dani Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Dani

When is the payment actually needed by? Just wondering how it ties in with my pay days and whether I still have enough holiday left at work!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
danikin87, you do realise that's a hotel and not a chalet, don't you?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey,

The majority of the group have now paid £308 as today was the final day, however I have already put down a payment with Iglu so I'm jus waiting for everyone to pay up really so I can pay it back into the Student Union account lol!

I would prob need a cheque for £308 no later than the start of November really. I'm going to pay for the lift passes at the resort as well as ski school. I would let you know once I've booked the ski hire if you need to hire equipment as well.

Hope that helps! Dani
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard, it's a chalet hotel, does that mean it offers the best of both worlds? wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It offers this: http://www.skiworld.ltd.uk/ski/holiday/Chalet-hotels/82

... and this: http://www.skiworld.ltd.uk/ski/chalet-holiday/skiing-Courchevel/Catina/48
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've stayed in the Catina several times, although not since about 2001. It does have a great location with a lively bar and most (all?) rooms have en-suite facilities. But the last time I stayed there there entire place was in desperate need of refurbishment, and as a cheap Chalet-Hotel the food budget seemd to be very tight so the catering was not that good. It's a great place if you're on a tight budget but want to be centrally located in C1850, but perhaps not so good for those looking for their creature comforts.

danikin87, if you are looking for a good ski school, the Catina is next door to Supreme Ski which has a very good reputation.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think the building is scheduled to be demolished next year (the Isba next door certainly is), so I wouldn't expect any refurb this season either!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard wrote:
I think the building is scheduled to be demolished next year (the Isba next door certainly is), so I wouldn't expect any refurb this season either!

I'm not surprised. Both the Catina and the Isba occupy prime Courchevel real estate but can't generate too much income for their owners because of the down-market state of the buildings.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hey,

I know they had a refurb either ast year or the year before, but it is being knocked down next year I know that much.

I just meant that the rooms I have reserved are the ensuite rooms I was lucky Very Happy

I tried supreme ski but the prices were pretty high so I'm going for the ESF route so i'm sure it'll be fine... I won;t be at ski school anyway only the beginners in the group Smile
snow report
danikin87 wrote:
I tried supreme ski but the prices were pretty high so I'm going for the ESF route so i'm sure it'll be fine...

False economy in my opinion, but good luck with it. Arranging a big group is often a thankless task so hope it all works out well Smile
ski holidays
danikin87, Welcome to snowHead s! There have been many people on here organising group holidays. Yours seems to be the fairest and most upfront request! For that honesty, I wish you well. Alas our holidays are booked up this year. Enjoy the holiday!
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
danikin87 wrote:
I tried supreme ski but the prices were pretty high so I'm going for the ESF route so i'm sure it'll be fine...

False economy in my opinion, but good luck with it. Arranging a big group is often a thankless task so hope it all works out well Smile

I nearly posted something similar, but as (a) it's probably more for the beginners in the group and (b) it won't be a peak week and (c) it's early season, then I suppose there is a 50% chance of them getting a decent ESF instructor (or two)

I was going to pimp newgen but I thing paying as much as 50% for the lessons as they have for the holiday might be outside this groups budget.
ski holidays
We stayed at the Catina last year. It's held together by sticky tape but we didn't have any complaints about the staff or the food. Cheap and cheerful we felt.
But it can/is noisy with a popular bar downstairs. Depending on which floor you're on (and whether you're facing the street which has another bar opposite the Catina), you might want to take earplugs!
snow report
danikin87,

Welcome! snowHead

At least it looks like danikin87 knows his/her thing and has researched the whole thing pretty thoroughly... So the choices might be "debatable" but if I was part of the group I'd be well happy that the organiser has seemingly put the work in!
ski holidays
bertie bassett, I take your point about budget, especially for students. But in my experience very low season ESF lessons tend to be staffed by the old-timers who have been with that branch of ESF for the longest - that reduces the chance of getting a good instructor IME.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy