Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone for a cheap week Serre Chev 9 Jan

Poster: A snowHead
rs :~/See you in Serre Chevalier, Cool

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 8-01-05 12:21; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can u give people a guide as to how much you're after Andy? It might help tempt them in.

Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Andy Ashton, welcome to SnowHeads. I though they'd closed the Yeti.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin, About £180 or offers
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont, thanks Helen,according to Crystal the Yeti is still open,still the way things have been going for me lately you could be right Skullie
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Andy Ashton, I sincerely hope not.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello Andy Ashton: I have just put up a post myself as I am thinking of going to Austria for a 3 day trip--but a week in Serre Chevalier sounds tempting--I have never been to that resort--can you give any details about this Hotel Yeti--location etc. Also, I am in London--so could I fly from any of the London airports -- if I joined you? I am also an intermediate (but very keen) skier--in my (fit!?) fifties-- Little Angel
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Julieanne, the Yeti is right in the middle of Chantmerle very close to the main lift station (not more than 50m. Honestly). Couldn't be better for access to the slopes. Smaller, traditional style, wooden built place (no smoking in rooms). Used to overlook the end of the Luc Alphand piste but I think somebody built a multi storey that blocks the view. The Underground Bar is/was one of the more lively places in Serre Che but that's not saying much. It used to be British owned but run as a Club Hotel for Neilsens and later Crystal and is not exactly in the luxury bracket but for £180 who cares. It is possible ownership has recently changed hence some confusion about whether is was opened or not. Serre Che is a great resort - stick it into the search engine in User Facilities to find all snowHeads posts about it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Surely someone must want to grab this!
It seems like such a good deal.

I'd be tempted to cancel my own plans for it but for the fact my plans already involve snow Wink

snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
u brainTo U brain
,Snow Snow Snow,Can't wait ,that first run ,have I forgotten everything,am i going to break my kneck,no, oh ,feel that snow carving, riding round on toe tips,up ,the the other ski ooh yes, breath,ride round on the edge oh yes,how far can you push this more weight on the down ski, all the weight on the down ski,Oh yes ,grace under pressure,breath ,breath!,up ,down, brake, narrow trees fast ,through ,steep part,short turns ,down ,uphill coming,schuss,faster don,t want to walk, faster get down streamlined,over ,red,long carved turned ,good snow on left,trees,shadow sun,shadow sun,white ,white sun,faster ,watch out for ruts left by snowtrac,turn on bumps ,Christ that guy is moving ,brake turn go right side behind,clear ,schuss ,faster,,whoa theres the lift turn brake,again ,again,not much of a crowd.Do it again? Oh Yes! Madeye-Smiley

Sorry about that but it has been 12 months and I have severe withdrawal symptom. Embarassed

Cancel your plans Hol to Serre Chev is stiil open

Andy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Andy--your little verbal ski video has made me realize I am currently suffering from the same "severe withdrawal symptom"--for me it has also been 12 months since my feet were in touch with my skiboots and riding the snow on my beloved carvers........so I shall send you another email now--and perhaps I could fly from Birmingham after all--(it is only an hour from Euston--We did once take a flight from there
as no London flights were available)---so I wonder if the holiday company you booked with would be open to a name change?--We should really make sure of that before going into any further details--no?- The room share is another slight "problem" for me--being female and --in any case I always like to have my own room (even with female ski buddies)--Having said all this --if any other snowHeads are up for your offer--and are suitable--do take them-- I could always tag along! Maybe? rolling eyes rolling eyes Puzzled
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Julieanne

Glad u liked the "verbal video" other skiers have described my attempts at describing the feeling of skiing as "Verbal D------ ea ,or accused me of being p-----d, well perhaps that was true,that gluhwein and obsteiler is powerful. rolling eyes

Sent u anEmail

andy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes Andy Ashton, I think I know the lift u mean... and with no crowd, who could resist doing it again? Wink

Julieanne, an hour on a train? Sharing a room? What hindrances are these to stand between a snowHead and their snow?

Andy Ashton, why don't u call Crystal and try to get a number for the resort rep: u know, just to be prepared like...
Give them a ring, and describe the potential scenario between u and Julieanne. U never know, at this late stage if there's still a room or 2 free in your chalet/hotel, it may take surprisingly little to solve the problem: the promise of a jar of Marmite and a bottle of tequila might be all it takes Wink

I'm afraid Mme.Brain is relying on me to 'room' with her in Mottaret that week so my hands are tied (as it were).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi U,
Have U seen that lift as well,I thought it was a dream,everyone says U are drunk,all lifts come from liftUland with mob attached.U must be mistaken,U are making it up are U not.No U saw it as well ,who me ,no,U,U who.

Thats what happens when U drink a Marmite and Tequila sandwich.U must be joking,whoU ,yes me,noU
U
U
U
U
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
NehNeh
My initials are not AA for nothing Mr. Green
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Andy--I just woke up at 2.30 am--with an urge to check my email--haven't seen one from you yet--but now on reading this thread--have just had a premonition of falling about ---getting stitches from laughing--if I were to ski with you in Serre Chev.... Embarassed and thank you Ubrain, you are quite right---- rolling eyes --and what a brilliant idea to search out the holiday rep and bribe him/her with tequila and marmite--to help towards my creature comforts!
What a pity you and Mme U are elsewhere in the Alps that week--we could all have been falling about...oh well--let's see what the future brings---as John Lennon once said "Life happens while you are making plans..."
ski holidays
Julieanne, Sorry you did not get my E mail I have sent another somewhat truncated one(what have drunken elephants got to do with Emails,Umails yes) wink Time to start pachyderminging my trunk.U2U,CU2 in SC

the flight tickets have just dropped through the letter box .I'm on my way snowHead

always watch out for yellow snow(my first ski instructors first words) Cool

andy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy