Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

sierra nevada,spain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
whats the resort like?
it looked ok last week and enough for 5/6days,they just need snow!!

any good links for accomodation
dont need to worry about flights/transfers

whos been and what did you think of it

nigel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nigel b, some stuff here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1024611&highlight=sierra+nevada#1024611
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went last Jan. The resort was only about one third open, there was a lack of snow - more to do with a drought than being too warm. The resort is fine for a couple of days, but its a little samey. With the exception of one run the runs are up and down in one of two shallow and parallel valleys. Its all above the treeline and the village wouldn't win any architectual awards. I will go again this year for a couple of days and this time stay in Granada, a 40 mins bus ride downhill, but a excellent nightlife.

PS Warning - When its cold there - its more like an Irish/British cold not Alpine bring layers.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks
the only thing about staying in granada is the drive up the mountain everday and its upto 17 euros to park the car
i know in april it gets very thin with snow usually
would be a good excuse to go for a cheap long weekend
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
with ref to staying in granada, i stay there everytime when I got(which is quiet a few rolling eyes) its about 30 mins in the car then drive in through the top of the village, you turn left at the old cable car model, you will know where i mean when you get there, then first right and follow the road then drive into the vilage and find a space.
the hotels in the village can be expensive for what you get plus we stop at a hotel at the bottom of the hill which is opposite the Alhambra and is about 20 min walk into town. likekillian, says when its cold its cold, best time to go is end feb begin march.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jase2472,
i saw that old cable car last week
i nearly went up that road but carried on going into the main car park
i quickly priced up last night for 6 days at the beginning of feb including flights and hotel for £150
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nigel b wrote:
jase2472,
i saw that old cable car last week
i nearly went up that road but carried on going into the main car park
i quickly priced up last night for 6 days at the beginning of feb including flights and hotel for £150

not a bad price that, is that in the village as well
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it says 8000m from the main gondola
doesnt look that far tho
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nigel b wrote:
doesnt look that far tho

I hope you have an extra zero in there Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Here is another thread that might help:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1009389&highlight=#1009389
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alex_heney wrote:
nigel b wrote:
doesnt look that far tho

I hope you have an extra zero in there Smile
there is a hotel halfway up the mountain about 8km from the lifts.....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i had a look on google maps and it is walkable to the lifts
its hotel santa cruz II
a website i went on showed this hotel and many others,on this hotel it tells you exactly how much it is for high/low season
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nigel b wrote:
i had a look on google maps and it is walkable to the lifts
its hotel santa cruz II
a website i went on showed this hotel and many others,on this hotel it tells you exactly how much it is for high/low season

http://roomsnet.com/granada_hotels/hotel_santa_cruz_ii_05-06-H16037.html?Origin=PPC

on this website its 8km from sierra nevada
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jase2472,
thats the hotel
the picture on the website must be for main sierra nevada and not where the hotel is
i know where the petrol station is,not too far down the hill
ive got a few pictures to go through with other hotel names on that are near it too
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nigel b wrote:
jase2472,
thats the hotel

i know where the petrol station is,not too far down the hill

That's where I had to stop the car and put the snowchains on.... So it may not be "ski out" but may be "ski in" after all Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy