Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Steep"

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know where this is showing? I see its on release but not at our local multi screen Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
david@mediacopy, saw it at the IMAX waterloo...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any good ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it's only on at the IMAX. I'm going on Monday so I'll let you know if it's any good. If the reviews are to be believed, then yes, it's good.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I liked it but it wasnt quite what i thought it was going to be (an IMAX widescreen stoke fest) but it was more of a documentary of extreme skiiing and had lots of interviews of glen plake doug coombs etc... worth going though
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I downloaded it off itunes a few months ago. I really enjoy it and am tempted to see it on a big screen.

It is really a history of American extreme skiing - there is a bit of coverage of the likes of Baud and Vallencant in the 70s and 80s and that is my favourite bit. The Italian guy (de Benedetti maybe - can't remember) talking about his mind boggling line of the Aig Blanche de Peuterey is fantastic
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Taking the missus to see it at the weekend. Whether she wants it or not. wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it's on iTunes? Ace. That's this evening's entertainment sorted.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, did you get it from UK iTunes?

Can't find it on the UK one, it's on the US one but I can't buy anything from there 'coz my account's in the UK - very frustrating to say the least! Mad

Anyone know of anywhere else I might be able to get hold of it from?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
roga, i got it off US iTunes - thought I'd posted that but I must have forgotten to press "submit"
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is there a way to join the US iTunes if you're in the UK?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
roga, the way I did it has been closed off now. you need a credit card with a US billing address now. i think you can get US pay as you go credit cards off ebay which you can set up with a US address of your choice. haven't tried it myself - no doubt there are more details somewhere on the internet!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
^ thanks for the info Arno, sounds like it's a real hassle to get off iTunes - bit silly really since they'll loose sales and people might even go and grab it off torrent or whatever!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
roga, wouldn't be the first time the entertainment industry cut their nose off to spite their face in the name of "protecting intellectual property rights etc" rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://skifilmreviews.com/film-database/card/Steep

Link to amazon product there.
snow conditions
I've got it on DVD & it's excellent, although a few of the contributor's are now dead Shocked
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
I've got it on DVD & it's excellent, although a few of the contributor's are now dead Shocked

I know about Doug Coombs, who else?

I ordered it on DVD from Amazon US back in May I think when it was released over there, good film some spectacular shots in there.
ski holidays
Stefano de Benedetti
snow report
Does anyone know if this is on anywhere else at any other time? I can only find IMAX on south bank til the 9th - on anywhere else after that??

Thanks!
latest report
I posted this before . Quite Steep

http://www.filmfest-stanton.at/06/trailer/Aoraki_244sec.wmv

http://www.filmfest-stanton.at/06/trailer/Aorak_244sec.mp4
ski holidays
I have it on DVD and it's well worth seeing. Might go along to the IMAX as I think it would definitely be worth catching on the (very) big screen, thanks for the heads up!

I wonder if it will get a European release?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy