Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thomsonfly - Doncaster to Geneva, cancelled or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all,

There was a post from a fellow snowhead saying Thomson had cancelled this route and notifed them of such. Howevever I am booked on the flight in Jan and have had no cancellation message. Indeed the website is still showing bookings as being possible.

So have Thomson simply cut out certain dates or what?

EG

one-way
Adult £ 4.99
Thu, 08 Jan 09
Flight TOM 1387 17:50
20:40 Depart
Arrive Doncaster Sheffield (DSA)
Geneva (GVA)

one-way
Adult £ 17.49
Sun, 11 Jan 09
Flight TOM 1388 22:00
22:55 Depart
Arrive Geneva (GVA)
Doncaster Sheffield (DSA)

1 Adult £ 4.99
Taxes & charges £ 25.00

1 Adult £ 17.49
Taxes & charges £ 15.50

Total Price £ 62.98
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm also booked on a Don>Gva flight with Thomsonfly, I have not heard anything from them and still taking bookings for my flight when checked this morning. Watching with interest ...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you tried emailing them and asking? It would be interesting to get something in writing!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
there doesn't seem to be an email address, only contact is via the call centre at 10p per minute!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been on here before but try http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
there are other normal numbers listed for thomsonfly
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Personally i would steer well clear of Thomson. We used them a few years ago from Lyon to Doncaster and were left at Lyon without any info for 14 hours. Cheap and not chearful. Mad

You get what you pay for.

I'll never use them again.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
on the other hand, I've flown 4 times with thomsonfly, allways flawless.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Likewise, and from Coventry the whole process makes Heathrow and Stansted look like meat processing factories, which of course they are...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
masmith, ditto, and are our carrier of choice to Salzburg for our Asutrian jaunts.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Has anybody received confirmation from thonsonfly about cancelled flights ? Or is this simply scare mongering ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In another thread one snowhead said he had received confirmation, however no-one else (including me) who has flights booked with them appears to have heard anything, and their website is still taking bookings.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It was me who posted about the cancelled flight. May be because it was late season, details WERE as follows for a weekend dash of one night away/2 days skiing from Doncaster to Geneva with Thomsonfly:

Outbound - Very early Sat 28 March - CANCELLED
Return - Quite late - Sun 29 March - still operating.

The e mail said the cancellation was for "operational reasons" and very helpfully offered an alternative flight - which was on Sun 29 March. As that would have meant spending 45 mins in Geneva - and returning on the same plane that I had just got off - I opted fopr a refund.

It's my second bad Thomsonfly experience: I had to cancel a flight in March 05 when my wife was diagnosed with a life threatening illness. As the flights were very cheap it wasn't worth claiming on our insurance due to an excess of £50 per person plus £25 to get a doctor's certificate. So I asked Thomsonfly in writing if (under the circumstances, which I explained) we could transfer the booking to the following winter. I also offered to pay any increase in the fare.

I received a terse response along the lines of "We must inform you that under section X sub-pargaraph Y of conditions of carriage etc etc that this is impossible."

Customer care at its finest - but rules are rules eh?!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountainaddict, thanks for that info. Our flight to to GVA on April 12th - it's the only flight on that day and with it being Easter week it will be one of the busier flights ... hoping we'll be OK.

Thanks for clearing this up ... Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I had a mail from them telling me my flight from donny to Geneva had been moved forwards by 15 mins and I had to re-confirm my booking (took 2 mins) this was about 2 weeks ago
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy