Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone going to La Thuile in the next week or so needs to be aware that there isn't as much snow as there is on the French side (La Rosiere) in fact last week La Ros was full of Italian skiers. The San Bernardo/Fourclaz area hasn't opened yet, so no pista 7 down to La Thuile. Pista 18 from the Belvedere down to La Thuile also closed, the only way down from the Gondola station is pista 2 & 3, which are steep and last week were also very icy. In fact, skiing down the black pista 2 was one of the most unpleasant ski experiences of the season so far. So the only skiing is beyond the gondola station and the best way to return to La Thuile is by the gondola.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David, thanks for that. Would you advise skiers based in la thuile to get over and ski la Rosier instead? Is la Rosier far from the resort? passport needed?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No passport needed, La Rosiere's slopes are almost all south or south-west facing so very sunny but as it's high there are only a couple of runs below the tree-line. La Thuile's skiing is a real mix, there are some terrific 'motorway cruising' on reds and blues, where you can carve without checking your speed, there is some very challenging sking through the trees back to the resort and there is usually some superb off-piste in the San Bernardo/Fourclaz area. At the moment, the snow cover is better in La Rosiere, so most of the traffic is from Italy to France.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David@traxvax, #

Did I ask you about the heli-skiing from La Rosiere, do you know much about it..?
I am staying in La Plagne in two weeks time and don't know if the trip is feasible. I haven't a map of the area yet
Any pointers or info..??
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax,

Ignore this as I have just found your reply, thanks..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It seems that La Ros / La Thuile have complemented each other so far this season, when one is good the other is poor. Around Christmas La Ros was very cold, bare and windy but La Thuile was sunny with fresh snow and that number 2 run was in brilliant condition, as were 5 and 3, some of 3 was still off piste, the steepest bits were awaiting completion of netting before they were pisted. I suppose it's that the resorts are on opposite sides of the mountain, with that windy saddle in between, so they are in entirely different weather systems.

Those 3 runs to La Thuile gave us some very good skiing, particularly on 26th December when we had the resort almost to ourselves, with about a foot of new powder and excellent visibility in the trees. Quite an impressive trio, all marked black but nothing too frightening, there were even by-passes round the steepest bits. I think that we must have seen them at their absolute best, totally and completely perfect snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Excellent information. I'm off there on Saturday. Any apres ski scene there?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kezzy, don't know about the apres ski but two of our favourite restuarants are in La Thuile, Le Rascard and Lo Reindet. Lo Reindet might not be open yet it's alongside pista 7 which hasn't opened at all this season so far. Le Rascard is in town and has the best selection of pizzas you've ever seen, I think there are 96 on the menu, another recommendation is La Grotta, again in the old town by the road to Aosta. Have a good one and do go over to La Ros for some skiing on the sunny side of the mountain, Travasette is good for a pit stop as is Le Petit Relais near the Roches Noire chair lift in town. Just look for the Tracks stickers, we've signposted all the best places.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy